Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Recent Metro North Train Fires In Westchester

5 posts in this topic

In the past week, there was a fire aboard a Metro North train at the Crestwood Station i(Harlem Line) in Tuckahoe (Eastchester Fire District), and yesterday at Peekskill (on the Hudson Line).

Does anybody know what type of equipment was involved, how the fire started, and how the fire was extinguished?

Besides being a Metro North fan, I also think is a very hazardous situation that presents a great learning oppurtunity on here, especially if those involved give us the rundown.

The first fire was an M-7 train (the cars had no passengers in them) and the second was a Cab Car on a Bomb Train (not sure if there were any people on it). I know neither fire was large enough to cause major damage to the cars. I'm not sure how they were put out, I assume the train crew. When I go back to work I'll see if I can find the cars and get some pictures.

The M-7 was originally brought to the North White train yard after the fire. Not sure if it's still there.

Through a reliable source, the fire was in the lead truck of the second head car. The fire was extinguished by the conductor, the FD investigated, the car went to POK where it was inspected by MNRR personnel. The car was deemed safe and was turned for it's next run.

The coach in question was 6388.

Edited by TRUCK6018

The M7 was # 4049 IIRC. Has decent amount of damage. Heard it will take awhile to fix

i have fought a train car fire before it was hard to get too and the trains are really built well takes a while to tear apart to get where fire is