Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

State Budget Cuts training

9 posts in this topic

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Is it just me, or is there something drastically wrong with this picture. We're struggling to get minimum training out of the State, and he's raising salaries? For those of you not aware, all state training has been canceled till the end of the fiscal year, or greatly curtailed. Next years hours are looking to be HALF of what we had this year!!! Brothers...it's time we made our voices heard in Albany. We can't allow them to cut necessities such as Education, Health care and Emergency Services, all the while allowing the pork to continue. ie...walkway across the Hudson river!!! Maybe a road trip with a rig from every dept in the state? Shut down Albany?

Not a bad idea shut down Albany.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Is it just me, or is there something drastically wrong with this picture. We're struggling to get minimum training out of the State, and he's raising salaries? For those of you not aware, all state training has been canceled till the end of the fiscal year, or greatly curtailed. Next years hours are looking to be HALF of what we had this year!!! Brothers...it's time we made our voices heard in Albany. We can't allow them to cut necessities such as Education, Health care and Emergency Services, all the while allowing the pork to continue. ie...walkway across the Hudson river!!! Maybe a road trip with a rig from every dept in the state? Shut down Albany?

It is DEFINITELY time to make our voices heard, not just as it relates to training but taxes in general. If the Governer's budget goes through, the majority of local school districts will suffer drastic cuts in state aid. When that happens, you know what they'll do - just try to pass it along to the local taxpayer.

My school taxes are high enough without a monster increase for 2010.

Cutting the pork and pet projects, repealing these pay increases, DEcreasing the size of the Governer's security detail (that was inflated shortly after his sudden promotion), and other consolidation efforts must be implemented. We're in a crisis and to conduct business as usual is going to destroy us all.

Albany Tea Party, here we come!

Not a bad idea shut down Albany.

Like shutting down Albany would actually change anything. As long as the 3 men in a room can meet and they can do what they want (like "hire" during a "hard frezze"), shutting down Albany is as useless as our state government

Like shutting down Albany would actually change anything. As long as the 3 men in a room can meet and they can do what they want (like "hire" during a "hard frezze"), shutting down Albany is as useless as our state government

And what would sitting around on our a**'s achieve???????? The same outcome NOTHING. At least our voices would be heard.

We have to hold our local assembly and senate members directly accountable. Contact them and tell them how disgusted you are and remind them that come November when they're looking for our support, it won't be there unless they represent our interests NOW!

Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

We have to hold our local assembly and senate members directly accountable. Contact them and tell them how disgusted you are and remind them that come November when they're looking for our support, it won't be there unless they represent our interests NOW!

Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

I have been in contact with Assemblyman Molinaro, he is behind us 100% and supports a road trip to Albany. I've also emailed NYSAFC Director Tom LaBelle wondering why the association hasn't been lobbying for us on this issue! People..WAKE UP...we are about to be blind sided like never before!!!

I echo what has already been said. I know times are tough all over but this is going to get alot worse. Speaking about Dutchess since thats where I am an Instructor. They just cancled 3 classes that departments have been waiting months for. They now excpect us to re-schedule them until April and now they want to cut our hours to boot. I am sure this is a problem all across the state but its time for the departments to be heard. What the politicians are doing to the Emergency Services Police, Fire, and EMS is criminal. Mabey we can't shut down Albany but if we go on a writting campaign, mabey we can get the point across. If departments took ad's out in News papers and publcations, Marched on Albany got radio and television spots. Mabey it would do something. Just a thought, I will get off the soap box now. AJ :angry:

I echo what has already been said. I know times are tough all over but this is going to get alot worse. Speaking about Dutchess since thats where I am an Instructor. They just cancled 3 classes that departments have been waiting months for. They now excpect us to re-schedule them until April and now they want to cut our hours to boot. I am sure this is a problem all across the state but its time for the departments to be heard. What the politicians are doing to the Emergency Services Police, Fire, and EMS is criminal. Mabey we can't shut down Albany but if we go on a writting campaign, mabey we can get the point across. If departments took ad's out in News papers and publcations, Marched on Albany got radio and television spots. Mabey it would do something. Just a thought, I will get off the soap box now. AJ :angry:

Apparently the running joke in Albany is that there is not even enough money for postage to mail out certificates. Several of us just wrapped up codes classes and time will tell if we get our certificates. At the Arson Conference in October, we were told that outreach courses throughout the state were pretty much * and void. There is no money. However, it was emphasized that the Academy would stay open and not close. It a very real sorry state of affairs we are in. Time will tell just how long and deep the cuts are and how long they will continue.