Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oilflame

Yonkers Working Fire 2-16-09 (Photos)

39 posts in this topic

As far as the pics go, the one thing I took away from it was the great position TL75 had. Can't do that with some rigs, and that pic goes to show that the driver knows his rig.

And good ladder placement in the rear of the building as well.

Batt2?? why Batt2? If you want the correct answer I go with a Chief from Batt 1.

The firefighter is not wearing a helmet because his head is so large they are molding 1 from a Macy parade float. This will be issued to him shortly along with a nomex hood that doubled as fire proof potato sack, I think this is the guy girls call BIG SEXY

I just fell off my chair, I was laughing so hard. Big Sexy it is.

Batt2?? why Batt2? If you want the correct answer I go with a Chief from Batt 1.

Zing..that's gotta hurt :D

That's why I would go with his answer anyway.... rumor has it that he will be going to Batt 1. :P

Its good to see some guys have been able to turn this into some humor. I am all for using photos to critique and ask questions but this is ridiculous. This isn't a team forcing entry or bailing off a roof without their equipment. Its guys BSing in front of a structure with a light smoke condition. On top of that we have an explanation from someone there that these photos are from after knockdown. Who cares how they're wearing their equipment outside and while its tragic that a poor brother must suffer the indignity of using a surplus radar dome for a helmet, I think he's safe for now without being on air and not wearing a helmet outside the structure.

I find it ironic that guys always seem to have a comment about YFD all the time but I notice alot of pics of fires ,one just recently in dover where waist straps are dangling and nobody says a word. I worked in the YFD for 29yrs and take offense and

I agree with a past statement and can't figure out how I got through all those years without the EMT Bravo police doing their monday morning quarterbacking. If your not on scene you don't know what's going on plain and simple.Maybe everyone should just worry about themselves and leave everyone else alone.

Please knock off the nonsense. You can't analyze a job from a split second in time captured by a camera.

Maybe the waist belt / hood was on just prior to the picture being taken and it was released because they were done with their operations.

Maybe the FF was resting up before resuming operations and they took the hood off to avoid heat exhaustion.

Maybe they were posing for the picture and wanted to be sure he got their "good side".

Thank you YFD guys for seeing humor in this and making light of it rather than reacting defensively and starting a 90 post tear about PPE or who does it better.

This is the PHOTO section of the forum. Now I understand why so many people are reluctant to see their incidents or photos posted on the site.

If you want to discuss tactics or other things, fine. But please stop nitpicking the stuff like this.

Thanks!

Ouch...again with the Batt 1 stuff...we'll just stick to calling him in as Batt 3.

If they would keep safety manned 24/7 we wouldn't need batt2 as batt 3.