Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack10562

Briarcliff Manor FD Vintage Videos From 1929

6 posts in this topic

Briarcliff Manor Volunteer Fire Department vintage videos!

Please click on the links in order, (Go To Blazes part 1, first).

Thanks to the Scarborough Engine Company (BMFD Engine 92) for permission to post the above.

It would be awesome if some of the apparatus in these videos were still around!

While visiting the Scarborough Engine Company website, take a moment and browse the other site shortcuts. Also please consider supporting the Ron Jankowski 92 Engine Memorial Fund. T-shirts are for sale and they also are collecting donations.

I can hear it now, "DId you see that guy on the ladder, He was only using one foot on the running board., " and " the guy on the nozzle had his helmet on backwards" :lol:

Seriously that is a great find. In the second part around the five minute mark is an interesting way to come down the ladder, perhaps a foreruner to todays bailout. Two things haven't changed, Briarcliff still has white trucks, and you still call Briarcliff PD to report fires. I ddi find it interesting the Police Chief was directing traffic, while the patrolman had the desk. :P

I can hear it now, "DId you see that guy on the ladder, He was only using one foot on the running board., " and " the guy on the nozzle had his helmet on backwards" :lol:

Seriously that is a great find. In the second part around the five minute mark is an interesting way to come down the ladder, perhaps a foreruner to todays bailout. Two things haven't changed, Briarcliff still has white trucks, and you still call Briarcliff PD to report fires. I ddi find it interesting the Police Chief was directing traffic, while the patrolman had the desk. :P

Thank heavens there were no waiststraps to fasten.

Edited by 210

Great save :D Is that the location now of the Scarborough Country Club, because there are no buildings left! No really great stuff.

Looking at the website what was the movie shoot about? How did they torch the Gt 350? Was it just a plastic shell? and what movie was it for?

Looking at the website what was the movie shoot about? How did they torch the Gt 350? Was it just a plastic shell? and what movie was it for?

that was for the filming of american gangster. they filmed a couple of scenes in briarcliff. that being one and the house that he bought for his mother being another. as far as torching of the car. i missed that day but i know they just used some sort of gas setup to simulate it being torched. we just stood by to make sure nothing went boom!

the vintage film clips are pretty cool. i remember being told that during the filming of these videos a house accidentally caught fire due to the high winds blowing embers everywhere. maybe one of the older members who may have been there when it happened can elaborate hahaha... just kidding i know you guys arent that old.