Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

City Of Round Rock, TX FD's New Engine 7 (2008 Spartan Crimson)

8 posts in this topic

My new hometown, the City of Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin), has taken delivery of two new engines for Engine 1 and Engine 7.

They are both 2008 Spartan MetroStar/Crimsons. I love the way they are spec'd. Not all the tools are mounted yet, but as you can see, there is plenty of room. Also, note the reflective striping inside the compartments for when the roll up doors are opened.

I like how this engine is designed to be an engine, and isn't embelished in any way. I also like the really easy to use CAFS system, and the headsets.

I've been learning lately that Crimson builds an AWESOME product!!

FULL PHOTO TOUR: http://www.emtbravo.com/NewDeliveries/roundrockengines.html

post-11-1235494791.jpg

Nice engine, what make is the cafs system?

It's a Waterous Eclipse.

I really love the tool drawers....takes advantage of typically wasted void space in the wheelwells....also, it makes it easier to see if a tool is missing. Never seen something like this before.

post-11-1235497111.jpg

Well designed rig, I especially like the extinguisher compartment and the tool pullout tray, excellent use of dead space or the standard spare bottle compartment, thanks for sharing Seth.

Nice pics thanks for sharing ... I also like the pull out tray for tools

Well designed rig, I especially like the extinguisher compartment and the tool pullout tray, excellent use of dead space or the standard spare bottle compartment, thanks for sharing Seth.

Crimson designs their apparatus to use as much space as possible. The other spare bottle compartments in the wheel wells hold 3 bottles each (6 total).

Here's a shot of the wheelwell we are talking abot:

post-11-1235818284.jpg