Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

City of Poughkeepsie (Dutchess) NY - 10-75 - 2-25-09

12 posts in this topic

Working fire in a commercial building, fire in store that had just been vacated yesterday (finished vacating).

I was driving home from work, saw a smoke condition, called a friend who lived in that general vicinity of the city, opened my window, and knew instantly that smell of a "worker". My buddy told me, 2 buildings down from him, was a working fire in a storefront. Must be nice to arrive before FD does!!

Pictures will begin to upload right before I hit the hay, so they will be good to post here tomorrow. Photounit was also o/s, so if he has anything worthy for us (which I know he will), he might post them.

For an easy reference point, this was the storefront adjacent to 911 Uniforms, to the right hand side (looking at 911 Uniforms from the street). They had a heavy smoke condition inside 911 Uniforms, and I hope not too much merchandise was lost/damaged, if any.

Cause of the fire is still under investigation officially, but believed to NOT be suspicious, and IS believed to be accidental in nature.

Once my pictures are uploaded, they were taken a good 20 minutes earlier than the Poughkeepsie Journal Photographer who has his photos posted below.

PoJo Article

PoJo Photos

The guy who owns this place used to be an old partner of mine...damn...

Also hope 911 Uniforms wasn't effected too badly...they always hooked us up...

Edited by Goose

I checked this place out today while PFD was working on it, It was a good save by PFD I believe that the store above it only suffered smoke damage and nothing more, deff did smell like a worker a from a few blocks away with a hint of tobacco.

Great attack boys! Couldn't make the group 2 callback because I had the kid, but was listening the whole time. No "silver haired fox" pics this time around though. Looks like Parise took his place :D

great job guys Hope 911 uniforms is ok i need a new one mines getting snug :D

Ladder 1 had the #1 side

CIMG0173.jpg

CIMG0187.jpg

Ladder 1 takes the roof

CIMG0227.jpg

Rescue 1, Fairview 41-11 and Alamo stand-by

CIMG0225.jpg

Engine 1 and Ladder 1

CIMG0248.jpg

great shots Nate, thanks for adding them.

''DA BRONX'' Nope just down town Poughkeepsie! GREAT SHOTS.

Uh Oh...... I've been scooped :o;) Nice shots guys.....

Bill getting replaced by Nate. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, lol. Good Job Nate, never thought I would say those three words to you. Wow...is it a full moon tonight??? LOL. You are the man Nate. How did you get the Ladder takes the roof shot???

Thomas