Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Media Coverage Of FDNY LODD's

12 posts in this topic

Watching Channel 5 News at 10 infuriated me tonight. What was the top story?? The weather. The airport delays. And this isn't the only station, all the TV stations websites, the weather and Johhny Carson's passing come before the firefighters, which is mainly just small blurbs.

Kinda shows how important FDNY is those ratings-hungry newscast directors and producers. Absolutely disgusts me. Should have been the top story, with team coverage. I guess firefighters aren't really important to the general public anymore, and the "fad" is over. :sad: How selfish!

We'll see what Ch 2, 4, and 7 will do at 11p for their newscasts, and which ones are the truly caring human beings.

Well put, Seth I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The storm for all intents and purposes was over at 1030 this morning and was not one of the biggest we've had by a long-shot. But if there was no other "news" to report, there would have been Team Coverage" of the LODD's. Ridiculous, but not surprising.

I like Johhny Carson, and the weather definetly is important and interesting story to me, but these 7 guys died and were severly injured serving the citizens of New York City. A storyof this magnitude should always come first. More time is alloted for a drug dealer who got shot in a deal gone bad, and other BS stories. As I said, I'm going to wait to see what 2,4,and 7 do. I do enjoy Ch 5 news, but they will do ANYTHING for ratings, and there news is like a fast-paced consensed version. So, I'll wait for the more respectable stations. Anyone see what Ch 9 or 11 did @ 10???

i tuned in to ch 9 aroun 10 after 10 until 1030 and nothing about FDNY and right after that i watched ch 11...nothing

I watched channel 11,9 and 5. Channel 11 had the most coverage and made it a top story. 9 and 11 ran the blizzard first then the story.

i must have just missed it then...which channels have 11PM coverage?

it was top story on the Spanish Ch. 6 butr who knows what they were talking about

Thumbs up to Channel 4 for making it top story, and doing it with some class. Anybody catch what Ch 2 or 7 did?

It'll be interesting to see what the papers do in the AM.

Yeah, channel 4 ran a 8 minute clip on it...