Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BMeehan282

Roxbury Ambulance

24 posts in this topic

Nice looking rig and it is a nice sound color!!! ;)

Nice looking rig and it is a nice sound color!!! ;)

Leave it to you to only :rolleyes: comment on the color!

They do look nice tho!

Edited by Mark Z

Nice and I have never seen a blue ambulance before

Nice looking vehicle, and I'm with you, Mark The blue does look good!!! :D

The reflective tape appears to make the unit very visible, add in the emergency lights I am sure you will have no problem seeing the rig.

I really like the idea of the scene lights in the rear of the bus.

This vehicle is designed with various safety issues. If you notice, it was HID floods on the sides, as well as telelights on the back. They're not mounted yet, but it will have front facing HID "brow lights" as well. The color is Mazda Racing Blue, and the reflective stripes and chevrons will add some visibility. The emergency lights have LEDs all the way around, and we even have little LED flashers on the insides of the cabinet doors as they open. Inside the truck will be racing-type harnesses for the crew, as well as radio/intercom headsets at all positions. It should be pretty cool when it is all completed.. Let me tell you, all this 'safety' comes at quite a cost ! bernie (roxbury ems chief)

Best of luck , PL Custom does nice work !

I like the color good luck with it :)

To correct the Chief, the rear pole lights are 150w HID, the side and front brow lights are Whelen pioneer LED's.

some other options

-Custom Cabenets

-Recessed tool mounts

-Eqipment storage slot for Hartwell Vac-U-Mattress

-Zico O2 unloader

-Opticom emitter

-Cabenets to place equipmet within reach of seated positions

-Computer desk and docking station

-In dash factory navigation

-back up camera

-Keyless entry

-dewalt battery compartmet for Stryker Power pro cot

-Yellow powder coated Handrails on the inside

-Interior LED dimable dome Lights

- Blanket warmer

We almost had a 12kw pto generator on this thing, but it was not quite ready for prime time and we did not want to be the fist one to try it out...

Aaron Hodge

Project Manager :D

Roxbury EMS

Edited by eagle5473

Nice smurf mobile. Where's poppa smurf. Nice bus lots of luck.

Nice blue, makes it stand out amongst the fire trucks and police cars...

You guys must bill...LOL..

Nice Ambulance I hope it serves you well!

You guys must bill...LOL..

Nice Ambulance I hope it serves you well!

No we dont bill, We send a beg letter once a year. The Town also kicked in $100k that is less than half of the overall cost. This is the first Line item in the town budget for Ambulance service in 40 years

No we dont bill, We send a beg letter once a year. The Town also kicked in $100k that is less than half of the overall cost. This is the first Line item in the town budget for Ambulance service in 40 years

So this ambulance cost over $200k?

Holy S....! That's an expensive ambulance! My guess is that you spec'd it with the power pro stretcher/ stairchair/ and all other misc. equip. for that price.

I think we may end up sending a beg letter out this year. Those seem to work wonders once in a while you just can't overdo it.

If this is the first line item in the town budget for the ambulance service in 40 years then you guys should get anything you want!

Best of luck!

Edited by Turborich

Yes it is over $200, and no that does not inc any equipment. We got it from PL CUstom, but once you ask them to do custom work in changing the standard interior just say CA-CHING.

The Pioneer lights are $4k each installed and there are 4 + the 2 HID lights on the back ect.. ect.... it adds up quickly. The EVS 5 point belts are not cheep either added about $5-7k to the cost for 5 positions in the back. Also if you have not speced a vehicle with LED's hang on to your hat..

Again once you change the standard layouts it gets costly, we adjusted almost all interior areas to meet our needs for equipment storage and safety.

And we are well supported by the towns people, and currently have an overabundance of daytime help on most calls 6-10 is not out of the question for a daytime response. We run about 200 runs a year

Edited by eagle5473

Sadly, 200k really isn't that much for a custom bus. FDNY pays about 140k and it is a no frills rig ordered in bulk.

Nice bus best of luck, can't wait to see some pics of the inside when completed.