Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdm911

Some Taxpayers Trying to Shut Down Fairview (Dutchess Co.)

36 posts in this topic

Fairview doesn't even touch Arlington, City of Poughkeepsie separates the two so that doesn't make much sense.

Well, i think Mark would agree that Fairview residents probably hate Marist students the most...

I feel for you guys, hopefully it works out. Best of luck and keep up the good work - always enjoyed backing up Fairview.

Fairview and Arlington Do border each other, off of Creek Rd, it is where the 2 Fire Districts meet up with the City of Poughkeepsie.

Being a Marist Alum myself, I have had many residents put their foot in their mouths when they make claims (some accurate, some completely off-base) about the students.

Regardless of that, we are here to provide a service, and from a standpoint of the tax issue, our taxpayers have every right to be concerned. However, it always turns into a negative attack on people, firefighters, students, etc.

We all have a job to do. We don't determine service and care to our citizens based on creed, color, tax status, age, gender, etc. However, the attacks from our "concerned citizens" often turn into just that.

A volunteer Fire Chief recommending a merger....If a paid guy said that, there would be hell to pay. God forbid someone lose thier chief car.

A volunteer Fire Chief recommending a merger....If a paid guy said that, there would be hell to pay. God forbid someone lose thier chief car.

The poster you refer to actually is a paid Asst. Chief as well a volunteer Chief, so let's please not turn this into a volunteer vs. paid thing and discuss the topic of the thread, thanks

Fairview and Arlington Do border each other, off of Creek Rd, it is where the 2 Fire Districts meet up with the City of Poughkeepsie.

Being a Marist Alum myself, I have had many residents put their foot in their mouths when they make claims (some accurate, some completely off-base) about the students.

Regardless of that, we are here to provide a service, and from a standpoint of the tax issue, our taxpayers have every right to be concerned. However, it always turns into a negative attack on people, firefighters, students, etc.

We all have a job to do. We don't determine service and care to our citizens based on creed, color, tax status, age, gender, etc. However, the attacks from our "concerned citizens" often turn into just that.

Mark you beat me to it!

One idea here is right for sure is that most tax payers don't not know how Fire depts. paid or volunteer are spending there money. I am sure there is plenty of room to save tax payer dollers in Arlington as well as Fairview. No mention of the savings that would be seen by eliminating a ladder truck, an ambulance, may be even an engine and other miscilainious equipment, that is currantly duplicated. Not to mention residents would no longer receive a bill for EMS from Alamo. Seems for working fires and some other alarms CPFD and Roosevelt already respond on 1st and/ 2nd Alarms. So personally I don't think Arlington Tax payers would see much if any increase.