Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Amenia Closes School, Possibly Gives Building to Town?

7 posts in this topic

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

With some renovations, this would be an IDEAL spot for a fire station! A driveway through could easily dump the apparatus out onto Route 343 or Route 22 just as easy!

I know there was some talk about erecting a new station, but this may be cheaper and in a better location.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

With some renovations, this would be an IDEAL spot for a fire station! A driveway through could easily dump the apparatus out onto Route 343 or Route 22 just as easy!

I know there was some talk about erecting a new station, but this may be cheaper and in a better location.

i have heard rumors about being a new town hall

i have heard rumors about being a new town hall

Which completly makes sense, but there must be room there for the apparatus....Amenia outgrew their current house years ago!

Edited by x129K

I was told the plan is to make it town hall. I think AFC is still gun-ho on their cascade rd. station, but I could be wrong.

I don't know. It's just so weird that the district has had to consolidate so much over the years, even from when I was in school which wasn't that long ago.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Yes they are "trying" to make things cheaper for us tax payers. Like Richie said.... we will be paying in another way thats all.

It's not offically "station 2" but there is a 2 bay steel building on the cascade road property (across from the Fresh Town plaza where the Maple Brook greenhouse used to be) that the fire company purchased last year. Right now 31-15 and 31-16 are housed there. With the addition of 31-11 and it being 31' 11" long, it alone takes up the bay that housed 15 and 16 before. We have members that live in that area that respond directly there to get those engines off the floor. The plan is to some day build a new fire house up there. ???not sure when???