Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
citystation1848

Union Vale EMS

24 posts in this topic

Does Union Vale still have TransCare as the ALS provider for the town? I didn't think they changed but the past two weeks I've heard Alamo go to Union Vale at least 4 times. I saw the TC Union Vale bus the other day, so do they have an arrangement were alamo covers at night or something? Thanks for any info. :)

As far as I know they are still covering for them. Alamo goes when thier are no units available from Transcare. NDP, Alamo, Transcare, and Mobile Life back each other up when they are out of units. Doesn't happen everyday, but when it gets busy they need the help. I hope this helps you.

Thomas

As far as I know they are still covering for them. Alamo goes when thier are no units available from Transcare. NDP, Alamo, Transcare, and Mobile Life back each other up when they are out of units. Doesn't happen everyday, but when it gets busy they need the help. I hope this helps you.

Thomas

Oh I see, thanks! :)

Hey no problem, I do what I can do, when I can do it, lol. Also, your welcome.

Thomas

Does Union Vale still have TransCare as the ALS provider for the town? I didn't think they changed but the past two weeks I've heard Alamo go to Union Vale at least 4 times. I saw the TC Union Vale bus the other day, so do they have an arrangement were alamo covers at night or something? Thanks for any info. :)

Transcare is still our ALS provider 24/7. Alamo was called in twice i think for ALS only because Transcare had no units available.

Transcare is still our ALS provider 24/7. Alamo was called in twice i think for ALS only because Transcare had no units available.

Do you guys still have the ambulance on 12 hours a day x 5 days a week? Or do you have 24/7 ambulance like Pawling & Beekman?

Do you guys still have the ambulance on 12 hours a day x 5 days a week? Or do you have 24/7 ambulance like Pawling & Beekman?

That is correct we have the Ambulance on 12 hrs a day 5 days a week. Transcare most of the time has a unit at our Sta. 1 at night unless beekman or pawling gets a call then they relocate over towards them.

I know Saturday night with the big fire in Pawling 54-79 was sitting there all night......I think Pawling requested Alamo to backfill because Transcare did not have any additional rigs to cover........however Alamo was not able to assist Pawling at that time.....hmmm don't think Alamo had any available units that they could spare to send down there because they were busy taking care of their contracts!

I know Saturday night with the big fire in Pawling 54-79 was sitting there all night......I think Pawling requested Alamo to backfill because Transcare did not have any additional rigs to cover........however Alamo was not able to assist Pawling at that time.....hmmm don't think Alamo had any available units that they could spare to send down there because they were busy taking care of their contracts!

Really? I was sitting at the Beekman/Pawling line for half the night, and we had a float unit out there, I don't remember hearing them call for Alamo to cover.

Wow...covering their contracts...that sounds like a start. Maybe they are turning over a new leaf...or they are actually responsible now and not stretching themselves too thin with too many contracts or there were no wheelchair transports.

Actually since the failed merger with NDP occured HealthQuest has made Alamo a priority. There has been a concerted effort to make improvements. I think you will all see in the coming months that it will not be the same business as usual mentality.......we know that we have a lot of work to do to try and regain the trust and respect from various communities, and that being said were are dedicated to providing the best service to those we serve, yes I have my Pollyanna attitude on but I believe that Alamo will be a better and stronger EMS provider in the future......

I think if we all remember we are here to serve our communities and work together it really doesn't matter what color uniform or what pach is on your shoulder, underneath it all we are all the same and have the same goal....to provide exceptional, compassionate, competent care to those in need.

May you all have a safe Friday the 13th and a safe and Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend.

I think you will all see in the coming months that it will not be the same business......

Me thinks u right ;)

.....I think you will all see in the coming months that it will not be the same business as usual mentality.....

Then I can't wait to return! :D

It definitely seems like Alamo is trying to change their ways. Whether or not its keeping the Fishkill ambulances, or adding ambulances in northern Dutchess county, they definitely are rebounding. I commend HealthQuest and the Alamo management for really putting effort in to improve the company.

I believe Alamo is gone for Fishkill. They only cover Beacon area as far as I know.

Thomas

I believe Alamo is gone for Fishkill. They only cover Beacon area as far as I know.

Thomas

You are correct, but they still have a crewbase in Fishkill with 2 units.

See I learn something new everyday.

Thomas

Acutually I heard Transcare over DC911...

Pawling 54-79 was on the scene through the duration, Transcare Medic 303 Backfilled Pawling and 85-3 the Transcare supervisor went to Union Vale.

Alamo????? Pawling requested a second Unit from Transcare and it appeared.

Edited by beentheredonethat

No comment. :D However those of you that know me know what my comment would be.

Then I can't wait to return! :D

If you go back, i'm going back, and it will be Medic 29 heavy (or did it catch on fire?) - critical care BLS baby!

Edited by Goose

If you go back, i'm going back, and it will be Medic 29 heavy (or did it catch on fire?) - critical care BLS baby!

Sometime in June I should be back. CC BLS and 29 which I believe is still in service.

Beenthere and redneck are correct in that Alamo was never part of the Pawling fire or the EMS call in Pawling during the fire. Everyone was covered.

Regarding UnionVale- Transcare is not contracted for "after contract hours" and there is no guarantee for service. They knew this during the contract talks and accepted the risk. If you want 24/7/365 coverage, you have to pay for it. The paying customers have priority. Something other providers don't understand.

Beenthere and redneck are correct in that Alamo was never part of the Pawling fire or the EMS call in Pawling during the fire. Everyone was covered.

Regarding UnionVale- Transcare is not contracted for "after contract hours" and there is no guarantee for service. They knew this during the contract talks and accepted the risk. If you want 24/7/365 coverage, you have to pay for it. The paying customers have priority. Something other providers don't understand.

Actually there is a seperate agreement between Transcare and the Union Vale Fire District for TC to provide ALS intercepts to our ambulances. If TC is not available or can't meet up with us we will use whatever provider can, be it Alamo, NDP, or Mobile Life. I believe that since the first of the year there were 2 calls that we had to use Alamo. Also there is an agreement between TC and the Fountains at Millbrook to provide primary ambulance service at the Fountains during the times that 67-79 is not in service

Yes agreement, not a contract.