Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Jerry Springer Show Moving To New Stamford, CT Studios

9 posts in this topic

Connecticut's Gold Coast braces for Jerry Springer

By JOHN CHRISTOFFERSEN

Associated Press Writer

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Connecticut's Gold Coast, a bastion of suburban perfection including both Martha Stewart and the Stepford Wives, is about to become home to Jerry Springer's bawdy TV show, which features wife swappers, strippers and skinheads.

Subject to negotiations, Springer's show will move from Chicago this summer into the new production studio at the Rich Forum Theater in Stamford, about 30 miles from New York City and next to one of the region's largest and oldest Catholic churches. The pastor says he plans to talk to church lawyers to see if they can stop the plan after hearing complaints from parishioners, including one who called the show "low-brow."

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/shar...n_Stepford.html

Hmm.....Jerry Springer. Stamford, CT. There's GOTTA be a joke in there someplace! (Stamford is also the home to the world headquarters of World Wrestling Entertainment).

Must have ran out of nut cases in Chicago......

I am sensing EMS calls for assault victims will have a sharp spike soon!

Stamford PD will be busy with the fights

I might head down there to see a taping. It's always entertaining to watch these folk.

From the article: The Church is in opposition and states that the Springer show is making millions off of other people's miseries...

Umm, I guess they (the church) are the only ones in the neighborhood, who can have access to that claim....right? Would not want Jerry to encroach on their turf?

Stamford PD will be busy with the fights

Job security. Thanks Jerry!