Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBJ1202

Low Pressure Air Bags

32 posts in this topic

It’s ironic how every post has to turn in to a paid vs. volunteer debate. Why can’t it just be “Hey you guys did a good job with the equipment that was available”? We can all Monday morning quarterback every incident we see or hear of. I don’t think any aggressive firefighter weather paid or volunteer will argue that training is key. To add to the I-95 call in Harrison I (being the Capt of Rescue 40) requested Greenwich Rescue 5 to started out. I wanted them on the road while we began working. I know the equipment and the training that comes with Rescue 5. You can always sent them home if not needed. This request went through Bn. 15 and as you can see it never happened. That was not the time nor place to argue why my request wasn’t honored. We went there with a job to do. That job was to safely extricate one patient. That task was done to the best of our ability with the limited equipment on scene. What played a major part in this task was all of our training and yes I said training.

You should show some of the photos you have taken after the job was completed just to show how difficult it was, also heard from some of the Harrison guys who said that working together that night was no problem paid or volle, not bad for two depts that don't do it that often. 50,000 lbs plus load, a 53ft trailer with a van completely under with the driver saved you have my admiration .

Edited by PCFD ENG58

It’s ironic how every post has to turn in to a paid vs. volunteer debate.

I don't see this one as a paid/vol debate, I think your overstating this has turned into a debate.

Edited by Bnechis