Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Kensico Dam Muster - Valhalla NY June 24th 1978 Photos

20 posts in this topic

Link to site - Photos Kensico Dam Valhalla NY June 24, 1978.

http://www.buffaloheadfire.com/gpage72.html

Fairchester Hose Haulers Annual Fire Engine Muster

For many years, the Fairchester Hose Haulers held their annual Fire Engine Muster at the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla, NY. On June 24th, 1978 my cousin Bill Murphy and I made the trip to Valhalla to enjoy the festivities. The Dam Plaza provided a great place to see a bunch of beautiful antique apparatus put to the test of flowing fire streams, as well as other firefighter events.

What a great memory of growing up in Valhalla. As kids we always looked forword to the Fire Muster.

Those were the days, Had my 1929 Sanford from Florida NY Highland Engine & hose in the front row. Great times :rolleyes:

WOW - remember that day well - was one of my first "dates" with my husband!!!!

Wow, I was a wee little lad back then but I remember them quite well. I even recognize some of the people in the photos. I wish they would bring that back to the Dam. What good PR and you could probably raise some good money for charities or FF FUND!

Wow, I was a wee little lad back then but I remember them quite well. I even recognize some of the people in the photos. I wish they would bring that back to the Dam. What good PR and you could probably raise some good money for charities or FF FUND!

I remember your dad and all the other guys from the No. 1 firehouse at the musters. I didn't see any of them in the photos.

As a former FHHA officer, thanks for sharing the photos of one of the nation's largest antique fire apparatus musters, with those who never had the opportunity to attend.

I remember your dad and all the other guys from the No. 1 firehouse at the musters. I didn't see any of them in the photos.

Actually my dad was/is in the INDEPENDENT FH, how dare you mix him in with NO 1. LOL

Actually my dad was/is in the INDEPENDENT FH, how dare you mix him in with NO 1. LOL

How could he have lived where he lived and been a member of the Independent? What did the nieghbors think.

I think I can remember seeing his van down there more than once!!! lol

How could he have lived where he lived and been a member of the Independent? What did the nieghbors think.

I think I can remember seeing his van down there more than once!!! lol

Well my "OLD MAN" happens to be a great guy who got/gets along with most if not everyone he meets in FD Community. Plus, he was like Chief Mechanic and handled most of the maintenance to the Fire Trucks.

Yes, I can recall him in the van on many an occasion going down the hill. Most times probably not at a safe speed, but there were lots of FF's on the street so we knew what to do when the whistle went off. Some times he would have to drive for NO 1 when they couldn't get a driver.

Does anyone know where this hose cart is? It is the Gail Borden cart, Mr. Borden established the condensed milk factory in Wassaic. The photo is from the Kensico Dam Muster and is from Firehouse Magazine cover, July 1993.

post-16297-1238719183.jpg

photo is by Harvey Eisner.

I think you need stronger suspenders! :lol:

Were you still in diapers in 1971? :P

June 1971

Good Luck tryin to find a helmet to fit that head :lol:

Does anyone know where this hose cart is? It is the Gail Borden cart, Mr. Borden established the condensed milk factory in Wassaic. The photo is from the Kensico Dam Muster and is from Firehouse Magazine cover, July 1993.

post-16297-1238719183.jpg

photo is by Harvey Eisner.

Brewster Volunteer Fire Department

501 N Main St

Brewster NY 10509

Good Luck tryin to find a helmet to fit that head :lol:

there is no beach in valhalla, did u play in the brook?

Kensico is where they had the infamous "Cannon Ball Run" correct?

Brewster Volunteer Fire Department

501 N Main St

Brewster NY 10509

Its weird how close it is and we didnt know it Mark

Edited by JHK3605

there is no beach in valhalla, did u play in the brook?

Becareful of what you say or i will have someone from O.T.R. pay you a visit :blink::rolleyes: