Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

For the true Ladder Co., who carries hose?

35 posts in this topic

as x129k said it's just a car. If the car is unoccupied and not endagering lives or other real property why then do we respond lights & siren? Has anyone ever seen that video 2nd due at a car fire?

Becuase chief the law requires us to respond lights and sirens, cuase if theres no CDL operator there that car fire aint going out if we respond non emergency! :P

Becuase chief the law requires us to respond lights and sirens, cuase if theres no CDL operator there that car fire aint going out if we respond non emergency! :P

1) The law does not require RLS response to anything.

2) The CDL requirement is to drive the rig. And has the exemption past law yet? I do not believe so.

3) The fire will go out if you respond RLS, respond nonemergency or never get out the door.

1) The law does not require RLS response to anything.

2) The CDL requirement is to drive the rig. And has the exemption past law yet? I do not believe so.

3) The fire will go out if you respond RLS, respond nonemergency or never get out the door.

It was just a joke, wow people take things very serious huh?

1) The law does not require RLS response to anything. =I did not mean for it to sound that way I was refering to the CDL law if we were told to go non emegency unless there is a CDL driver the Rig cant go unless its A true emergency and requires the means for the use of RLS.

2) The CDL requirement is to drive the rig. And has the exemption past law yet? I do not believe so.= See nobody really knows wether it holds value yet or not?Or should I say wehter its a law or not!

3) The fire will go out if you respond RLS, respond nonemergency or never get out the door.= Cap you are 100% right about that! Thats why I threw that joke out there.

It was just a joke, wow people take things very serious huh?LOL!

Also Iam a firm believer that we as fire service should respond non emergency to more calls than we do now. Just as a note my department and its officers/chiefs use very good judgement on this issue. Iam not fully imformed or up to date on the law of CDL,s and its requiremtns in the fire service, nor does it concern me cuase I have a CDL and already qualified on my engine. Its just amazing how nobody knows wehter its a law yet or not or wether it will even be one.

It was just a joke thrown at a good friend and mentor of mine xchief2x!

It was just a joke, wow people take things very serious huh?LOL!

I know you & the chiefs in your dept know this, but with 2,500 hits on this thread a lot of others do not.