Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlcougar2001

Local Fire Dept Website

7 posts in this topic

I have been trying to get my local fire department a website with e-mail capabilities, I have 2 proposals from 911.webs and firehousesolutions.com. which I think are both great options. Anyone have any others that I should be looking into before I narrow it down to 2 possibilites. I'd like to keep my options open and get the best bang for my buck so to speak. I want peoples opinion from an end users point of view not a sales pitch. thanks

Edited by mlcougar2001

You can get free email accounts through google. It is available to all nonprofit agencies including fire departments. The email addresses will end in the name of the department website (example@xyzdepartment.com), not gmail.com. So it will be seemless. The amount of storage is almost unlimited, considering how long it would take to fill the space with emails. It is not worth paying some company for email space and addresses. Use google and have them design the site if need be. The google email also allows full administration control to add and delete usernames.

http://www.google.com/a/help/intl/en/npo/index.html

I have been trying to get my local fire department a website with e-mail capabilities, I have 2 proposals from 911.webs and firehousesolutions.com. which I think are both great options. Anyone have any others that I should be looking into before I narrow it down to 2 possibilites. I'd like to keep my options open and get the best bang for my buck so to speak. I want peoples opinion from an end users point of view not a sales pitch. thanks

You may want to try www.yourfirstdue.com, they have a very interactive and simple website program that you can maintain and control your website yourself from. They also offer a e-mail portion in their site for all to have a simple e-mail address that you can put every member into your website. It also offers you a place to make a very inexpensive and simple great looking website for your department, let's face it if you not on the web in this day and age, your most likely not getting the best visible chance of promoting your department.

Edited by FIRECHIEF63

FISCH INTERNET SOLUTIONS TO THE RESCUE!!!!!!!!

WWW.LOCAL2393.COM

Edited by x134

I agree!! Fisch solutions is not only a sponsor on EMTBRAVO.NET, but has also created sites for numerous departments in the area. One of which is ours at WWW.LOCAL596.COM. We have a user section with tons of options and tools as well as your requested email needs. Jason is not only very easy to work with and can design around your needs, he is also a brother firefighter as well!

I did our website from a free site, we were running out of room and went with the same service but paid for more space. take a look at it, I am the only one that adds, deletes and edits the site, if interested send me a PM.

www.wassaicfirerescue.com