Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Firefighters and Knee Problems

7 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering, is there ANY firefighter who's been doing it a while that DOES NOT have knee problems?

I was thinking about it, and this is one part of the job that really can't be prevented that much...even with knee protection, the stress is still there.

I'm just wondering, is there ANY firefighter who's been doing it a while that DOES NOT have knee problems?

I was thinking about it, and this is one part of the job that really can't be prevented that much...even with knee protection, the stress is still there.

one knee already scoped the other one has pain under the cap and will eventually need to be done. also one shoulder had the rotator cuff done the other one hurts worse than the first it sucks getting old!!

3 on the left and two on the right...(scopes). Right still in bad pain....... One of those things that comes with the territory....

one knee already scoped the other one has pain under the cap and will eventually need to be done. also one shoulder had the rotator cuff done the other one hurts worse than the first it sucks getting old!!

HA! I know what you mean! i have frequent knee and back pain, may well have to evenyually have both knees scoped, and yeah you are 100% correct about getting old!!!!!!

Well Seth, a month ago I could have said yes. Now I'm sitting at home with a torn MCL awaiting an MRI Saturday to figure out whether it will need to be treated surgically or rehabbed. The good news is my orthopedist thinks it will heal on it's own. It better, a week of wearing this bionic brace and I'm sick of it.

My Battalion Commander has 42 years, he has good knees, its his brain that is shot lol. He could have retired in 1988!

No knee problems but my A-- sure hurts!!!!!

This medical problem begins the first day you read your CBA and realize you are getting screwed daily ;)