Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

Who still uses Minitor IIs

11 posts in this topic

What departments still have these pagers kicking around? What do you think of them, when they break, do you just toss them out or fix them? If you have one donated where do you get the tone reeds from?

Patterson still has a few kicking around. I refuse to give mine up. At this point I think they are slowly being canablized , mostly for battery doors and cases (since the belt clip is part of the case.)

What departments still have these pagers kicking around? What do you think of them, when they break, do you just toss them out or fix them? If you have one donated where do you get the tone reeds from?

I do have a large amount of tone reads on hand. If thats is what you are looking for PM me .

Chris

I have a bunch still floating around in my Dept. Same situation as Grumpy though, Im cannibalizing as needed to keep them going.

On a side note, has anyone else heard or been told that parts for the M3 are no longer available. Im checking to see if my repair vendor is F O S, or if hes actually being truthful. I have had issues with them before.

-Steve

Edited by LED138

i had one up until last August and then i got a minitor 5

The 3's were junk out of the box. If I could get all 2's thats what I would have. They were the best and the one's still around are still better than anything else made

There are some II's seeing front line service I think, but that is until we get more V's. For the repairs I think others are being cannibalized. I know Amenia still has a few kicking around too.

Our vendor said the other day that they're not repairing Minitor II or Minitor III pagers anymore. If you search the web you can always find someone. The M3 was garbage and we have phased them out in our department. The majority has Minitor 5 pagers, with many still using a 4 and a couple of guys still using the 2's. I keep a box of Minitor II parts and we fix them as best we can in-house. If we can't, then I have no choice but to replace it with something newer.

We still Have II's, III's and IV's in service, but gradually they are all being phased oit in favor of the V's.

We still Have II's, III's and IV's in service, but gradually they are all being phased out in favor of the V's.

As we do also. The II's are the best pager made as far as reception. We have a tough area to cover as far as RF goes. I send out all the pagers to various outfits for repair. I am on the cusp of no longer repairing the III's as we all agree--they are JUNK. Motorola had different "groups" building the III's, and IV's. The II's and V's are built by the radio group--which is why the V's are a better product than the 2 predecessor. I will be taking advantage of the next buy back offer from Motorola to dump our III's though.

I completely agree that M totally screwed us by introducing the M3's... The problem is that I have them and doesnt look like I will be getting any $$$ this year to buy more M5's to replace the 3's... Just checking to see if anyone heard the word..

-Steve