Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SRS131EMTFF

Ardsley Brush Fire

12 posts in this topic

Great Job done by all Depts involved

What does the gator task force consist of?

Do any depts with large areas of brush to cover do any training on brush fires? In areas with much more frequent and sever brush fires they are able to handle more with less. Maybe we should be taking a different tact than just humping hose and water into these areas.

Which department owns the gator pictured?

The gators are from DES and Valhalla and Hawthorne will respond with the units. They are very helpful and saved us a lot of work.

From the Incident Alert ( http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=31707 ), sounds like it was a very well run, organized incident. Well done by all involved! This incident should set an example on how more incidents should operate in Westchester County!!!

And, once again, Greenville SSU 15 and WCPD Aviation are proving how handy and versatile they can be!

My question, however: was WCDES Fieldcom on scene to help coordinate operations???

Yes Field Com 1 was on scene in the Ardsley Rd. Sector.

Yes Field Com 1 was on scene in the Ardsley Rd. Sector.

DIVISION [/NIMS police] :P

Sorry for the sector thing and just think I was just finishing up my ICS-300 when I got called for that fire.

Are there different types of gators in the "gator task force"?

There are 3 gators. They are John Deere, TH series, diesel powered, 6x4 drive. 2 are equipped with removable "Med-Beds" designed to transport one patient as well as 2 other personel and a driver. The third unit is equipped with a 65 gallon Darley skid unit. Run by a Briggs & Stratton 10 HP engine and a 25 gpm pump. Has a 3/4" 15' booster reel as well as 2-1.5" outlets. Unit has the ability to fill and pump from draft. The gators also are all equiped with 2500lb winches, that are removable and can be used on the front or rear of the unit. They also have locking differentials, that make running in the mud and steep grades easier, but steering is almost impossible. The EMS gators run as a pair in one trailer and the Fire gator runs as a single unit. In the Fire gator trailer, there is a assortment of brush fire tools and forestry hose and a utility trailer that can be towed by any of the 3.