Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Pelham Police/Firefighters top village salaries

7 posts in this topic

From Lohud.com

PELHAM - Police and firefighters represented 19 of the village's top 20 wage earners last year.

An analysis of the village's 2008 salaries indicated that the only village employee not working in public safety to crack the top 20 was former Village Administrator Richard Slingerland, whose total compensation was $138,422.

Full Aritcle

What is with LOHUD'S annoying and obsessive fascination with everyone's salaries? Just once I'd like to see the database of the salaries of everyone working for the Journal News.

I'd actually rather hear about Obama's dog!

The real joke is the dumb-asses with their "brilliant" ideas to save money commenting on the article!

How come no one asks to see how much of a bonus some of therse CEO are getting. THey make more in bonuses than i ll make in 5 yrs!

Edited by firefighter59

I'd actually rather hear about Obama's dog!

Haha good one firediver! If i see one more front-page story on their dog or the shoes or outfit that Michelle Obama wears, so help me god lol!

I had heard that the Journal News has been trying to get a hold of a list of my Village's top earners, so that should come out soon :rolleyes: . Aren't there more important things for them to "report" on?

I to love to read the readers comments, some real educated people there huh? All these people that b**** about how much people make could have applied for these jobs, no? "The Police make to much," well, take the competitive exam and the agility like they do and stop complaining.

We have plenty of these people in my Village. Alot of retired white-collar types or IBMers who made their fair share of money/benefits. But its not good for anyone else i guess lol. Again, sign up, take the exams or fill out the applications!

Since the taxpayers pay our salaries, and there's the Freedom Of Information Law, the information is there for the public to review, if they dig for it. I like to know where my money goes, but I think that there's some encroachment on people's personal space. I don't mind seeing the average of what a FF, Lt, etc makes...but to list every person and their name is not a fair part of the FOIL act. I think here in Texas you can actually sign something so the public can't queury your personal salary information.

The Journal News has dug for it, and like a lot of newspapers around the country, are using every angle they can to obtain "new" information, and kind of re-invent themsevles in order to survive.

I think civil servants in our sectors deserve what they earn, and are entitled to it after hard work and a LONG time fighting for a decent wage....which, with some of the salaries noted, isn't even comprable with the cost of living in Westchester!!! You can't even come close to raising a family of four even with a dual income household!! It also doesn't detail or highlight the dedication to the community, the long hours, weekends, nights, and holidays away from your family, the ongoing training, etc etc.

You guys prove it day in and day out, the public sees it, and I seriously don't think that there's going to be much public uproar over salaries.

People move from NYC or live in Pelham in part because of the safety and convience that living in Pelham provides. That comes at a cost.