2009 Northeast Regional Law Enforcement Explorer Association "Station's Day"

7 posts in this topic

Date: 5/9/09

Time: 0800 to 1750 Hours

Hosted by:

Northeast Regional Law Enforcement Explorer Association

With assistance of:

Connecticut State Police

This program was established in 1992 to promote training and competition between explorers. Even though this is competition we strive first for training and for the youth to have a positive fun experience. Right now we average 40 police departments with as many as 450 people in attendance. We have both "random" events and "Individual" events. The difference is the random evens are randomly selected on the schedule for you to participate in your explorers will not have a choice just like being dispatched. The Individual events are mainly individual skill type events and you decide who participates in those events. Due to scheduling concerns explorers are only able to be in 3 separate events.

Random Events

Building Search

Crime Scene

Crisis Intervention

Domestic Disturbance

DUI Enforcement

Felony Stop

First Aid

High Stress Situations

Motor Vehicle Stop

Reported Assault

Shots Fired

Suspicious Persons

Unknown Response

Individual Events

Firearms

Judgmental Driving

Leadership Reaction

Mountain Bike

Obstacle Course

Search & Control

Optional Event

Drill and Ceremony (Honor Guard)

Always a great event with a HUGE turnout, very competitive. Some of the Posts that attend include:

Connecticut:

Danbury

New Britain

Hartford

State Police (Several Troops)

Greenwich

Meriden

East Lyme

Old Lyme

Fairfield

Trumbull

Southington

Suffield

New York:

Greenburgh

Westchester County (Maybe?)

Suffolk County (5th Precinct and 6th Precinct)

Putnam County Sheriff

Guilderland

Colonie

There are ALOT more from NY and CT and several from MA, RI, NH and some midwestern states that come here once in awhile.

I'll try to get pictures up if I have any time between competitions to take them.

Edited by SageVigiles

is this like an even for a department as a whole or can i just go and participate? i am not an explorer but i am liking the sounds of some of this. i am interested. one way or another i'm sure i'll be going.

Sorry, but only registered members of a law enforcement Explorer post can attend and only observers authorized by a participating Post or the State Police may show up. CSP Academy is a closed campus.

I'll be there for my last Stations Day. Turning 21 in June. Hopefully I can get some good shots up, and some hardware to take home. See ya there Sage.

GPD, I can't believe its your last Station's Day. Come find me at some point during the day. Do you know what you are competing in yet?

I'm on Random Team 1, Random Team 2, Firearms, and I'm an alternate for Honor Guard.

Stations Day was held today at the Connecticut State Police Academy and it was a great turnout. There were over 350 Police Explorers who participated in events today. Westchester was represented by posts from Westchester County PD, Greenburgh PD, Mt. Pleasant PD, and New Rochelle PD.

SageVigiles and myself will post pictures when time becomes available.

Hats off to Sage for taking home some hardware.

Thanks brother. 3rd place in reported assault for me. I did OK shooting, but my rookie outdid me. Only his 2nd time shooting, ever. Perfect score. Kid was on fire. He took first, obviously.

My post did alright this year. There were a lot of posts from out of state that REALLY brought their "A" Game. It was a good time, but we are going to suggest that the event be extended to 2 days so that Explorers get a chance to compete in more scenarios.

It was also announced officially that October 24th will be the Connecticut Explorer Tactical Challenge, hosted by NERLEEA and the CT State Police Emergency Services Unit - SWAT Team.

Pics will be up when I get back to my laptop in my apartment. Some good ones of me with the Rangemaster's lefty M4.