Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breezly

Golden's Bridge 100th Anniversary Parade

8 posts in this topic

Come join us for our Centennial Parade and fireworks on June 13th in Golden's Bridge. We expect in the neighborhood of 30 neighboring companies to march and celebrate with us.

GBFD_Parade.jpg

I hope those that attended enjoyed our parade and celebration. Apologies to anyone that was caught up in our pre-parade traffic snafus that resulted in the delayed start. Thank you to all that attended!!

Here is the Journal News Article:

Journal News Story

Some Photos here:

Journal News Photos

The traffic was an absolute nightmare......I mean apparatus waiting for 30 minutes on windy rural one way roads to move one mile from where they were told to go to where they actually should have gone.....

Edited by bvfdjc316

Yeah...sorry about that. We had trucks line up as early as 2:30PM even though Rte 138 was still opened. We were not expecting anyone to arrive until 3:30 at the earliest. We had a gridlock condition until we could get the road closed and by then the traffic had backed up everywhere.

Cool Picture with the fireworks and the American flag. But one problem!!!From that picture, the flag is flying incorrectly. May just be the way the picture was taken. If the fireworks were in the backround and people were standing looking at the flag with the fireworks behind it,the union should be on the left. Also should have a light on it(I think i see a light from the bucket)

Edited by DR104

Line up was a mess, and did not have any porta potties up in the 5th division-otherwise good time

I had a good time and it was my Honor to be the 4th Division Marshall, In Rememerence of

Honary Member James Raymond Arena "Jimmyboy"

Jim Arena