Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VAEMC

Stewart Airport Exercise

40 posts in this topic

TOTALY AGREE! You can't break this law but it's ok to break those other laws. I wanna know who got paid off to have this little item passed. Lets see we make every firefighter driver get a CDL look at all the money the state will bring in. Really stupid unless NYS is going to train and provide CDL's to the firefighters then why do something stupid and endanger lives...oh right someone's pocket has to be lined with $$

Breaking news today about the plan of Islamic terrorists living in Newburgh to shoot down or destroy a military plane at Stewart. I’ll bet the Vails Gated Fire Commissioners will still try to justify keeping Vails Gate out of the recent Stewart training. I don’t understand how this has not hit the news yet.

In post “21” there is a quote, "When the time to perform arrives, the time to prepare has passed." Makes sense to me. If the terrorists had been successful and Vails Gate had been called upon to perform, we know they would have been in the thick of it, but unfortunately they have missed their chance to prepare.

Thanks. Stinger missiles? Wow, thats crazy. They probably got them in Afghan, but how the hell did they get them back into the US? Glad the alphabet agencies caught these guys.

You could always get close to Stewart, when I was really young living in NY we'd go watch the planes take off and land from the fence next to the runway. But you could be as far away as Milton and still get a good glimpse of a low-flying C5, probably good enough to throw a SAM into it anyway.

Any link to this news?

Turn on any news channel. They were arrested last night attempting to blow up a synagogue.

Edited by seanfhear dóiteáin

Short version.

Acting U.S. Attorney Lev L. Dassin said the defendants planned to detonate a car with plastic explosives to destroy the synagogues.

They also planned to shoot Stinger surface-to-air guided missiles at planes at the Air National Guard base in Newburgh, about 70 miles north of New York City.

Now did they have any of the equipment (C4, Stingers etc) or was this just a plan/plot?

According to the news they had purchased a stinger but unknown to them it had been disabled. According to the news they had (C4, Stingers etc) Edited by seanfhear dóiteáin

it looks like castle point VA FD from Dutchess was there as well since that is the Haz Mat unit in the first picture

Yes, Plattekill Fire did attend with 1 engine and 1 tanker.