Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYPD-Car Wash?

10 posts in this topic

OK, I acknowledge that this may be one of the most lame questions I've ever asked.

But, how, when, and where does NYPD wash their cars??? And where do they fuel?

If they wash there cars..I would assume that they would get them washed at the auto center.

Pcts have pumps and fuel. The NYPD has a car was program where we get the cars cleaned at the local car wash and they bill the city.

Tire repair is similar to the car wash system, and repairs to the vehicles are done at the NYPD mechanic shops, we also have our own body shop as well.

But, how, when, and where does NYPD wash their cars???

RAIN, it's the best they can do since Guliani got rid of the squeegee guys :lol:

It's up to the individual officer to decide when they want to wash the car. There is a book in each command. You get a car wash slip and go to the pvt vendor. The repairs are done at the shops in each boro. It works the same way as your car. The car goes in when the mileage on the sticker and the odometer match up. There is a car guy in each command, and if there are repairs that need to be made. That person in theory, is supposed to set an appointment and transport the car to the shops. Some commands also have a hose and bucket available for a quick wash.

And if a car is oos, most of the time fleet will provide you with a temporary car to take its place. That way the command doesn't have a shortage of vehicles.

25 truck 26 Unless your precinct is up in RMP accidents then they tell you to walk back from the shop LOL

Edited by Chiefmcfuz

Hey McFuz and CommandChief,

What do they use to clean the coffee and donut jelly off of the dashboard? :P

I love you guys!

Some PCTs also have contracts with local gas stations to fuel the RMP's, as such is the case at mine.