Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Editorial About Sacramento,CA Firefighters Raises

4 posts in this topic

I find this guys views completly ignorant and selfish.

I would agree with forgoing the raises if it meant jobs would be kept....but these guys are already underpaid and overworked! This is ridiculous.

Marcos Breton: City firefighters must get real, forgo raises

Wednesday, May. 20, 2009

Sacramento Bee

Firefighters in Sacramento are burning down the house.

They are telling the city of Sacramento they want their 5 percent raises this year, or else. Fifty firefighter jobs could be lost.

Like almost every local government, Sacramento is facing a historic deficit in the coming fiscal year. If firefighters agree to give up their raise this year, the city promises none would be laid off. Public safety would not be compromised.

FULL STORY: http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1876294.html

I find this guys views completly ignorant and selfish.

I would agree with forgoing the raises if it meant jobs would be kept....but these guys are already underpaid and overworked! This is ridiculous.

FULL STORY: http://www.sacbee.com/ourregion/story/1876294.html

Times are getting tough, and no one is safe anymore. The article could use more facts, less opinion (even though it's an op-ed piece.)

Some pretty rough comments down on the bottom of the article.....

Sorry, my job is to look out for myself and my family. Its the city's job to provide adequate staffing. I'll pass the hat to help affected brothers and anything else I can do, but pay cuts or zeros now don't get restored or made up for later. Hiring on the other hand does happen when things improve.