Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Update On NYC Fire Patrol?

23 posts in this topic

I know NYC's Fire Patrol has been shut down for a while now, a result of the insurance industry being shortsighted and cheap) but I'm just wondering, what's happened to the buildings, apparatus, and most importantly, the firefighters who served on the NYC Fire Patrol?????

The buildings are still owned. They store the newer rigs in them. The GMCs form the 90's are currently up on fentonfire and are listed for sale at about $40k.

The buildings are still owned. They store the newer rigs in them. The GMCs form the 90's are currently up on fentonfire and are listed for sale at about $40k.

All the trucks have sold to a dealer and are no longer owned by the B.F.U. The Brooklyn has been leased out to a day care school. The other two are in limbo at this time, one maybe sold soon and the other will be kept for use by B.F.U.

Chris

All the trucks have sold to a dealer and are no longer owned by the B.F.U. The Brooklyn has been leased out to a day care school. The other two are in limbo at this time, one maybe sold soon and the other will be kept for use by B.F.U.

Chris

WOW...thanks for all that information! I only knew about the old three. Thanks.

I looked on the Fenton Fire site and they also have Patrol - 4 (asking about $90,000.00) ... the back-up that was acting Patrol - 2 most recently.

They also have the new Patrol - 3 (asking about $126,000.00).

A bit out of our price/size range cause we are looking for a vehicle to use instead of the Patrol - 1 loaner which is OOS.

The 1999 that was Patrol # 2 truck it was destroyed on 9-11-01 and rebuilt. So make sure you do not have that on. i do not think the BFU has disclosed this info to Fenton as of yet and you can not even check car fax for this one. Ins. companies do suck.

A couple of guys came over to my job, the rest went on to wherever they went. Just to clarify, they were not firefighters. They were Fire Patrolmen.

Which units are which on fentonfire?

I AM A BRONX UPS DRIVER ooops capslock sorry

.anyway i see 2-3 of these guys almost daily in their pov's decked out with l.e.d.'s fasny or volly licence plates and some chevron striping actually on the rear of the vehicles i am friendly with 1 of these guys ,

what is their actual role other than scene support , i meen they have next to no training if any at all

Crash, are you referring to that Bronx Fire Patrol #4?? I've heard of them, seen them out around the chateau de Blue Eyes once or twice, but this is something totally different.

Crash, are you referring to that Bronx Fire Patrol #4?? I've heard of them, seen them out around the chateau de Blue Eyes once or twice, but this is something totally different.

If this is the same group i'm thinking of, they are volunteers, based in the Bronx around Gildersleeve Avenue, but not a recognized unit in FDNY.

I AM A BRONX UPS DRIVER ooops capslock sorry

.anyway i see 2-3 of these guys almost daily in their pov's decked out with l.e.d.'s fasny or volly licence plates and some chevron striping actually on the rear of the vehicles i am friendly with 1 of these guys ,

what is their actual role other than scene support , i meen they have next to no training if any at all

From what I understand they are a buff group comprising of former members from the now defunct(inactive?) Aviation Volunteer Fire Dept. in the Bronx. I dont know much about them but what little I hear is not good, maybe some Bronx FDNY brothers could fill us in. Please refrain from thinking these clowns have anything to do with FDNY or the New York Fire Patrol.

That Bronx Fire patrol has been a hot topic on other boards but they are not the remnants of the old NYFP. As for if they were members from Aviation Hose, that is a new one to me but they might be. Aviation by what I was told still exists but they are on the verge of disbanding. From the information I got, the only truck they have was the rebuilt ALF Engine 3 that was destroyed then rebuilt from 9/11 (it was an older FDNY rig they purchased in the 90's). I guess there were some shady dealings with the chief or the company's officers with selling off the trucks they received in donation (one E-One from Virginia and another purchased new). But as for them being part of the BFP, I never heard of it but it could be. I'll ask around on the other boards.

The units I mentioned on Fenton Fire's site are those from the NYBFU Fire Patrol. I had only heard of the Bronx group once or twice and that they were not affiliated with the NYFP. NYFP Patrol #1 was covering the Bronx prior to the closures and I saw them on a few multi-alarm jobs there over the years.

I saw some white SUV at a job one afternoon. They had blue lights galore and this guy was out directing traffic. Not a single person in my house knew who they were or what they were doing there. There was something about fire patrol on the vehicle, but no one seems to know anything about them.

What's the story?

thats the Bronx Fire Patrol. From what I've been told a couple of former guys from Aviation got some money from a few churches and other groups to create whatever it is they are. As far as I know they are disaster assistance volunteer agency, tied into the red cross. If thats true they shouldn't have blue lights and shouldn't be anywhere without the red cross.

If this is the same group i'm thinking of, they are volunteers, based in the Bronx around Gildersleeve Avenue, but not a recognized unit in FDNY.

.yup same guys

I saw some white SUV at a job one afternoon. They had blue lights galore and this guy was out directing traffic. Not a single person in my house knew who they were or what they were doing there. There was something about fire patrol on the vehicle, but no one seems to know anything about them.

What's the story?

same guys there are about 3-5 of these guys and a serious issue of who's in charge amongst their officers

My buddy is a HWY 1 cop, he calls me and asks about them as they were driving with lights on. I said impound the car, these guys are a bunch of buff weirdo's who listen to a scanner and are impersonating either PD or FD, not sure which one they like more. This occurred on the FDR.

They've called the Bronx CO a couple of times asking for info and have politely been told to pack sand on numerous occasions.

Back to the subject at hand, there was something I read about one of the FP buildings being sought after to be bought and renovated into a restaurant or something like that.

They've called the Bronx CO a couple of times asking for info and have politely been told to pack sand on numerous occasions.

Back to the subject at hand, there was something I read about one of the FP buildings being sought after to be bought and renovated into a restaurant or something like that.

I think that is the one on West 3rd steet.

Much as I'm sorry that the patrol is no more, that building in Greenwich Village is really beautiful, a classic store front firehouse. As long as the building was properly preserved, I'd like to see it used for something like a restaurant. The longer it sits unused, the more it'll deteriorate.

Edited by M' Ave

I know the FDNY was using FP 1's house on W30 s in Manhattan to store what looked to be spare car type vehicles. But just last week the Bay door was painted like a beige color and the identifying signs were removed, so im guessing that the building was sold. Shame it could have made a decent west side ems station for a couple of units, or even an outpost.