Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
v85

Phase 1 Training

5 posts in this topic

Do any LEO's here have information on the phase 1 police basic training program? Do you know how recruits out of this program are viewed by departments? Also, where in the region is this training offered, I know SUNY Ulster, but is there anywhere else?

Explain a little more about what phase one training. Phase one training to me is a weapons malfunction drill.

For liability reasons I don't know if many depts would accept that. I know NYC wouldn't but they are "special"

DCJS has a "new" program, maybe about two years old, where students can complete around the first two thirds of the academy as a civilian at a college.

Here is a link to the only one I know of in the Hudson Valley Area:

http://sunyulster.edu/programs_courses/cre...ic_training.jsp

Almost sounds like ROTC. Their website does have the disclaimer that the program does not guarantee employment. However, I would think that taking on and completing the program would most certainly looked upon favorably by an agency looking for a potential recruit. Seems to me it would display a commitment to a LE career, determination, perserverence and acomplishment; all characteristics employers look for in potential employees. It would be another certificate in your portfolio. The Feds in particular might respect it more than just a regular PD would. I doubt it would fast-track you through any probie school though.

~Wishing you the best of luck as you pursue your dreams.