Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cfman

New Rochelle 30A3

5 posts in this topic

I saw a post from a while back about New Rochelle's 30A3 ambulance. For a short time, I used to see it quite often in the driveway at Station 5 (E25's home), but I no longer see it there.Where is this unit stationed, and what's its designated area currently? Is it operating 24x7?

Thanks.

I saw a post from a while back about New Rochelle's 30A3 ambulance. For a short time, I used to see it quite often in the driveway at Station 5 (E25's home), but I no longer see it there.Where is this unit stationed, and what's its designated area currently? Is it operating 24x7?

Its primary coverage zone is the Northern end. The City administration wanted it at Sta. #5. But the call volume does not warrent it, so it was moved to Quaker Ridge Road. The majority of its calls are south of Station 3 with a high % south of I-95.

THe unit runs from 7am to 7pm, 7 days.

They post in the Ward Acres Park, a city owned park, as Capt Nechis stated, on Quaker Ridge Rd. Originally when the 3rd ambulance was put on in New Rochelle, it was supposed to be stationed with 30A1 as a 2nd rig on the south end, alternating calls with 30A1, which is a very busy truck most of the time. Shortly after it was put in service (I think within a week or 2), it was relocated to the north end due to the long response times to some spots for 30A2. Now 30A3 covers that area, and they are the 2nd due to all of 30A2's area. When 30A2 goes on a job, 30A3 relocates to Station 3.

30A3 go's on it own call it does not cover for 30A2 and 30A3 is at station 3.

Read carefully...

30A3 is SECOND DUE to 30A2's area, and THIRD DUE to 30A1's.

30A3 is NOT at station 3, that is 30A2 stationed there.