Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Medic442

Alamo Medic 2

18 posts in this topic

Here is a few pics of Alamo Medic 2. A 2007 Chevy Express from AEV. Alamo has several that replaced some much older rigs. They are good. They run well and comfortable. I think they actually thought of the crews alittle. As that there is some more cab room. The down are (as I see it ) they sound like a tin can, they are top heavy (more than the Fords ). In the back you see it is a simple lay out. We use Zoll defib mont (company switch from LP12s) The StatPac bag is the only one at Alamo. I love that bag I think it is a great ALS bag. The company however has a split of Ferno bags & The 747 boxes. Alot of Medic hate bag and rather have the boxes. Hey everyone is different. This brings me to the other problem with the Chevy. The back step & floor is a little bit of a problem. I slipped last year out of one of the Chevys and needed a total knee replacement. Also you see in the back we have the Ferno Stairchair. Hope you enjoy

post-16311-1245273308.jpg

post-16311-1245273360.jpg

post-16311-1245273426.jpg

post-16311-1245273521.jpg

post-16311-1245273575.jpg

post-16311-1245273628.jpg

Outta look interesting all green and silver come August.

I see why the medics prefer the boxes. Those bags (IMHO) SUCK.

Edited by WAS967

WAS967, Have you used or tried the StatPac? Its very easy to use and everything has its place. You dont have to search for items like in the Ferno or Iron Duck bags. Plus its a backpack (easy to carry) hands are free to carry everything else. Hey everyone is different. Used the boxes at HVA & Alamo, and bags at Empress, HVPS, Alamo, & the Mil. I will stick with the bag (perfer the StatPac).

As for the colors, yup. Going to keep someone busy painting & tape.

The 2007 was the first Chevy model we got as well, also from AEV. I'm not a big fan of the 2007's in the back because the suspension is horrible. They are more comfortable in the front but something with the rear suspension makes the smallest bump feel like a huge pothole. Our 2008 and 2009 models are a much better ride in the back, so at least it seems Chevy was responsive and worked to alleviate that problem. They have been a reliable running truck but we'll see what happens as our 2007's are starting to get up in age.

The Fords had more room in the back but they had more issues under the hood as well. The new required net in the back has made the 2009's seem even smaller but well planned placement of gear helps to make it workable. I'd still prefer to be in a Ford but they are going to be pretty much extinct from our fleet soon, so this dinosaur has had to accept change.

WAS967, Have you used or tried the StatPac? Its very easy to use and everything has its place. You dont have to search for items like in the Ferno or Iron Duck bags. Plus its a backpack (easy to carry) hands are free to carry everything else. Hey everyone is different. Used the boxes at HVA & Alamo, and bags at Empress, HVPS, Alamo, & the Mil. I will stick with the bag (perfer the StatPac).

I've used something like it I think. Can't remember what brand it was. The old "parachute" bags from CRP looked similar but were ridiculous. You had to open 3 different zippered compartments just to get something you use everyday. I guess I'm just so used to the bags I've been using for the past 10 years that I scoff at anything else. :) Backpack is no big deal, I just sling the regular bags over my shoulder. I just wish the first in bag at my side job were lighter......they stuff everything but the kitchen sink in there.

I hear you and understand. The StatPac, open one zipper and there is everything you need for you to establish pt care. Everything else is that you have to have is tucked away, but at the same time very easy to get to. Nothing is falling all over. Plus with me I am back from having a TKR and dont have full strength in my leg. So I need my upper body strength on the stairs. The backpack gives me my arms. Most of the Medics at Alamo hate it. Fine with me. Iknow the bag is good to go. Although a few have used it and found that it is easy to use. But lets not let that get around. LOL

Outta look interesting all green and silver come August.

Word on the street is the buses will be the Town of Wapp Blue not green

I actually prefer the bag over the big clunky box that keeps slamming into my shin when I move. The bag for me is so much easier everything I need is in there along with my airway equipment. With the box I have to bring the monitor, and the airway bag......too much for my small hands to grab and carry.....the only problems I have with the bag is when the previous medic rearranges everything to their liking and i spend the first 10 minutes putting it back together and they are harder to secure in the back when working up the patient, the box is better to secure! Anyway everyone has their own preference.

Oppie nice shots of the rig.....haven't been down at my old home Fishkill station in a few months since I grew a set of ba__s and work the weekend overnights in the City of Poughkeepsie...check and see if there is anything in my mailbox...lol

Everyone please be safe out there is this rainy weather....

The patient compartment looks way too small. For als you need a box not a van. I also prefer the med bags over the med boxes.

Ditto. If I had to choose between a box and the StatPak, I'd probably go for the StatPak too.

Out of pure morbid curiosity, could you take some pics of the StatPak? Especially interested in how you situate it when it's in use, how the stuff is arranged etc.

Edited by WAS967

Ok you got it. Before you look let me give you the idea about the bag. One it is made to work while you or your partner is wearing it or laid on the other side of the Pt. Down or up wright. The material also works well sitting on the bench (not falling off). As you look at the bag, The 1st comp in the middle with the wire handle is your IV set up. on the inside sleeve you have a 16ga, 2-18ga, 2-20ga, 22 ga angio caths.

The 1st zipper next to it is 2x2, tape, vrb, preps, lock, flush, tegaderm, & a set of blood tubes. I am known to double up lol. The opp side is all the iv supplies that is required with 2 IOs and assort needles. I also carry the glucose meter PCR & Sharp shuttle. The main comp as you open is lido & tubbing, syringes,brista jets, neb set up, charcoal,& bobo stuff. Flip over the divider you have bicarb & d50 & d25 & more booboo dressings. Then you see the drug module (statpac item) & tube roll (ferno). Under that is your epi & atropine with a bristo jet. The two out side comp on each side of the bag carrys 2 1000, 1 500, 2 250, 1,50 normal saline with 2 10 drop 2 60 drop sets with extra locs. The rt side also has a bp cuff.

With that being said. I have put the bag on the scale and it is less than the ferno and the box. I am a pack rat. lol. Hope this gives you food for thought. Also note stat pac has a o2 sleeve & tube roll for this bag, But I work with what they give me.

post-16311-1245379019.jpg

post-16311-1245379051.jpg

post-16311-1245379089.jpg

post-16311-1245379142.jpg

post-16311-1245379198.jpg

post-16311-1245379252.jpg

post-16311-1245379283.jpg

Word on the street is the buses will be the Town of Wapp Blue not green

Haven't heard much, but Transcare has like 6 different paint schemes so who knows. Usually they change by the contract/region.

Diemers are too small. The AEV Vans that I work in in both of my jobs suit me just fine. When I'm solo in the back working on a patient, I don't want to have to take a tram to get from one side of the compartment to the other. In a van just about everything is in reach from both the captain's chair and the bench with some minor exceptions (tip people, don't put important stuff in the cabinet above the patient's feet).

I've seen those StatPak bags before. I think we used them for a short time at Cortlandt. Not sure what happened to them. I don't remember having used them much but from looking at the pictures and the setup I can't imagine finding it as fun to use as some.

Well everyone is different and has there way of working. For me everything is easy to get to that I need. The rest is just the extra that I have to carry. For that its out of my way till I need it.,

I have worked in the Demers before. They are a little to small for me, but some of there gear placement isnt bad. AEVs are fine, but I rather have a box (as in a ambulance). I like a little room. As for the gear I ll keep the bag.

Edited by Medic442

Boxes are better, no mater what style, box or van I always manage to hit my head on something. The bag is a good idea if you are limited for room.

Mystery Man-

Mystery Man my asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mystery Man my asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

LOL its a inside joke between myself and some peep from Alamo...