x635

9/11 Sculpture at National Fire Academy Now Up for Sale

16 posts in this topic

9/11 Sculpture at National Fire Academy Embroiled in Alleged Fraud Scheme

Posted: 06-23-2009

By DAVID DISHNEAU

Associated Press Writer

HAGERSTOWN, Md. --

A towering sculpture in the Maryland mountains depicting three New York City firefighters raising the U.S. flag at ground zero was financed by investor fraud, federal regulators say.

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/a...mp;sectionId=46

That is unbelievable...Now, how much would we all have to chip in to buy it...... ^_^

That is unbelievable...Now, how much would we all have to chip in to buy it...... ^_^

Well...the US Fire Administration reports that there were an estimated 1,148,800 firefighters (career: 323,350, volunteer: 825,450) in the nation in 2007. That works out to about $2.70 per firefighter.

Nah, it says the asking price is only $425,000...that's only $.36 per person...Lets start the Mailer campaign..hehe

I was down there October '07, right before they dedicated it I believe, it is quite the monument. With the 343 white rocks as the base and the obvious image depicted, it was a sight to see. And of course when we took the time to look at it, a team of bagpipers started to practice right next to us, it was an experience.

Nah, it says the asking price is only $425,000...that's only $.36 per person...Lets start the Mailer campaign..hehe

Sorry, forgot a decimal point. I could never be confused for a Math major.

its a pretty nice monument id buy it if i was rich haha

stipulation of the agreement is that it is to stay where it is. They're pretty trying to sell naming rights. For $425,000 you can buy a bronze plaque that says "Donated by..."

Good, so: "Donated by the Firefighters of America".....sounds good to me

I'm game to try it, I wonder if the firefighters associations in the country would all get on board.

How can we get this started? I am sure one of the organizations heads here can help us get the ball rolling.

I really think it is a great idea for the firefighters of america to come up with the funding. If you haven't seen it yet it is huge and well done. I come up to the guy's knee.

I'm sure if someone was to ask the government they would have no problem handing over the money, that would be a bailout that's worth it :P , no but seriously that sucks

Here are a few pictures I took back in March of 2008. They don't, however, give you the greatest idea of its size.

post-9023-1245972703.jpg

post-9023-1245972711.jpg

post-9023-1245972719.jpg

post-9023-1245972726.jpg

post-9023-1245972768.jpg

Here are a few pictures I took back in March of 2008. They don't, however, give you the greatest idea of its size.

post-9023-1245972703.jpg

post-9023-1245972711.jpg

post-9023-1245972719.jpg

post-9023-1245972726.jpg

post-9023-1245972768.jpg

I didn't even think of adding my pictures, good thought!

Can we not form a group to collect money? Lets round it off to 1$, its a fitting tribute to all AMERICANS.

That's a nice piece of artwork.

I was going to recommend the HVVFA but I just heard that they were trying to buy the naming rights to the Rocky Balboa statue in Philly....