Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Empress EMS New Fleet Additions?

3 posts in this topic

I noticed in the Empress drill thread that Empress has takend delivery of at least two Ford E-350/Wheeled Coach Type III's.

I assume these are to replace the aging 50 series? Does anyone know how many were delivered, or better yet, have photos?

Also, someone had mentioned a new supervisor's vehicle?

Got 2 type III's about 6 months ago. No new supervisor vehicles. Supposed to get 6 new busses soon but not sure what type they will be.

I noticed in the Empress drill thread that Empress has takend delivery of at least two Ford E-350/Wheeled Coach Type III's.

I assume these are to replace the aging 50 series? Does anyone know how many were delivered, or better yet, have photos?

Also, someone had mentioned a new supervisor's vehicle?

Those new trucks, now not so new anymore, are in service as regular duty vehicles. A few of the older vans have been decommissioned and these, along with others, take their place. Empress has had to keep the old 50's running, which is an ongoing frustration for fleet of course, but we've been told that an order for 6 new busses has been placed. Although when they'll be getting here is anybody's guess. They're expected to be Wheeled Coaches as well. Despite my previous bad experiences with Wheeled Coach, all the newer one's we've gotten [6 in total I believe] have been great, no problems at all with the modules. Empress's business has dramatically expanded since I've been there. Just by looking at the run numbers alone I can tell that call volume [all systems totaled together] has at least tripled in the last 3 or 4 years, so obviously there's a trend to have more new trucks coming in than old trucks going out.