Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Mamaroneck Village parade photo's

38 posts in this topic

Broad Channel Ladder 701, Dont actually think this has been put into service this was rehabed by Bronx Science bus company.

post-18231-1247274729.jpg

West Hamilton Beach engine 944, this is last for know if anyone is intrested i have more to post. This is ex fdny engine 310 and x foam 83

post-18231-1247274834.jpg

Edited by Anesti

Any shots of the Fire Fighters pipe band from Westchester?

I started going to the parade in the late 70's, and never once saw them march. I once watched the parade from the turntable of the Seagrave rear-mount, when it was parked on one of the sidestreets right downtown. The guys told me that because of the congestion in the village during the parade, they were better off stationing rigs in different areas around the parade, then to march in it. Plus they said, there was just so much to do, this was easier.

As promised, I will now begin adding my own pics to the thread. I found it tiresome to try and re-size the entire 80-odd shots I took, and didn't see the need to duplicate everything that was already here anyway, so I just did a bunch of the better ones, and ones that I liked the most.

Didn't have to worry about being lonely (not that I would have been, what with a large - and rapidly increasing - crowd gathered on the sidelines), but then this beautiful Seagrave turns up to join in keeping me company. Seems that Turn of River arrived just a tad bit late to get to their designated spot in the lineup, so the nice cop who was keeping traffic away from the parade allowed them to back into the closed off side street right next to me. The crew then set about putting the finishing touches on the rig while they waited for thier turn to jump in line.

I was somewhat disappointed.....second time I've attended this parade (first was '02 or '03?) and once again, no home town engines. The first time, I was told they were running numerous calls, including a working incident, in addition to shuttling people back and forth from the park. Not sure what the story was this year? Oh well, at least the tiller showed.....even if it was imitating one of it's Bergen County counterparts' "bad" habits.

Edited by fsw1970

This company from Totowa has been coming since at least the late 70's.

Engine and tower from Larchmont.

Nice pair of Pierces from "out of town": Totowa, NJ and Levittown, NY (Nassau Co.)

Edited by fsw1970