Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

F.D.N.Y. Old Apparatus

142 posts in this topic

I'm going to take a stab at it and say TL-44 was a 1978 or earlier, TL-41 is either a 1979 or 80, leaning more towards a 1980 by looking at the lights/lettering. Engine 43 behind Div 6 is a 1986, the last year they were delivered with the covered hose bed. BN-12's car is a 1990-92 era, if memory serves me right.

Edited by JBE

BFU-506- did that end up with West Hamilton Beach Fire? Thought I remember seeing it working a brush fire sometime in late 2003?

It just might have been. Looks like it's been replaced though.

I'm going to take a stab at it and say TL-44 was a 1978 or earlier, TL-41 is either a 1979 or 80, leaning more towards a 1980 by looking at the lights/lettering. Engine 43 behind Div 6 is a 1986, the last year they were delivered with the covered hose bed. BN-12's car is a 1990-92 era, if memory serves me right.
_

-Alright, I was trying not to get involved posting the facts-lol, but I have those too (with a little research)......... You're rite on the TL's jbe. and E-43 is MP-8602

Engine 70 was one of the "combo" units that FDNY had in the late 70's/early 80's to save manpower and $$.

Lake Carmel FD purchased the rig from FDNY in about 1988. I remember travelling down to the shops and picking the rig up. Drew Hanson, retired Lt. FDNY, and I drove the truck back to Lake Carmel. The automatic transmission had 2-speeds.....Low.....and semi-low ! Was quite an experience going up 684.

Great shots of some nice equipment!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Engine 70 was one of the "combo" units that FDNY had in the late 70's/early 80's to save manpower and $$.

Lake Carmel FD purchased the rig from FDNY in about 1988. I remember travelling down to the shops and picking the rig up. Drew Hanson, retired Lt. FDNY, and I drove the truck back to Lake Carmel. The automatic transmission had 2-speeds.....Low.....and semi-low ! Was quite an experience going up 684.

Make that 87, I joined as an Explorer in Nov. of 87 and it was already up at Station 2.

Here's the other 1970 Mack (Ex E-71) as the Foam Squrt.

post-182-1246924992.jpg

GREAT shots. That's some really good classic stuff R1!

I"d like to THANK "r1smokeater" for posting these photos. I"m glad he was able to do it, and share these photos with others who would enjoy them. I have several more that I hope to get to him shortly so he can post them. I must confess though, that all of those previous photos were not taken by me. Some were given to me by a friend.

Thanx, nfd2004 ! Also, Sorry- a few of J Pinto's pix were mixed in there (a lil confusion)...................

1970 Dodge @ BFU-2, S.I.

post-182-1246982155.jpg

Ladder-5's 1978 Tiller, looks like pic was taken in front of the old Vista Hotel @ WTC

post-182-1246982313.jpg

Ladder-5's 1978 Tiller, looks like pic was taken in front of the old Vista Hotel @ WTC

Yes, r1smokeater, I believe that"s where the picture was taken. And Thanks for explaining to everybody that Joe Pinto deseves alot of the credit for some of those previous photos.

Engine-70, City Island, Bronx 1980 ALF #AP-8008 w/ overhead ladder rack

post-182-1246991086.jpg