Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

F.D.N.Y. Old Apparatus

142 posts in this topic

Engine-41, Bronx was disbanded on May 3, 1989. It was then reorganized on July 1, 1990 as an "Enhanced Engine", SQUAD-41 in it's 1981 Mack #MP-8109...................

post-182-1247256878.jpg

These Pictures are AMAZING.

Thank you nfd2004 for taking them and R1SmokeEater for posting them, and anyone else who i forgot

Thanks "r1smokeater" for posting these. If it wasn"t for you doing this, none of these pictures would be posted at this time. I"m sure it is a time consuming chore. Thanks to you, now everybody can enjoy them.

Thanx to you, Bill for taking them ! Continuing with some Tower Ladders...................

TL-135, Queens 1980 Mack/Baker

post-182-1247326998.jpg

One of the unique TL's purchased by FDNY, TL-14 Harlem, Manhattan 1980 Sutphen 100'/1250gpm #ST-8001D

post-182-1247327121.jpg

TL-85, S.I. 1981 Mack/Baker #MT-8107D, only one in 1981 order of 6 painted white/red

post-182-1247329622.jpg

In 1984 FDNY purchased two more unique Towers from ALF/LTI they had 1500gpm and 100' Stix This one assigned to TL-14 in Harlem replaced the Sutphen Tower.

post-182-1247330936.jpg

The second one went to TL-163 in Woodside, Queens #LT-8402D

post-182-1247331010.jpg

I would just like to say once again THANK YOU to NFD2004 and R1SMOKEEATER

for posting all the great FDNY Fire Apparatus Photos.

I really enjoyed looking at them.

Ahhhh the "Yellow Years" lol

I would just like to say once again THANK YOU to NFD2004 and R1SMOKEEATER

for posting all the great FDNY Fire Apparatus Photos.

I really enjoyed looking at them.

Ahhhh the "Yellow Years" lol

Thank You very much "RWC130" for those kind words. Of course "r1smokeater" is the guy that has done all the work to post them, including looking up all the data on the rig, which I did not have. so for each picture is a lot of time consuming work for "HIM".

For me, I certainly enjoyed taking the pictures. I really started getting into that as the busy FDNY War Years (1968-1978 era) were starting to slow down. As the years passed by, I had these pictures sitting in my house and really not many people to share them with. Two things happened recently that allowed me to get these posted. One was that all of my photos were on 35 mm slides and I have a friend that was able to put these on a Disc for me. Two full books of rig shots put onto two small Disc. The other of course was having somebody willing and able to post them on this Site. Along comes "r1smokeater". I"ve never met him, but I hope to some day. For those that don"t know, "r1smokeater" is a firefighter on a Busy Rescue Co in the NYC area. I have a lot of respect for him, for what he does.

I"ve enjoyed seeing these pictures posted myself. And I"m happy that so many more people will be able to enjoy them also. And finely, Thank You for the kind words I"ve recieved. "It is "MY"Pleasure" ! ! !

Thanks to all involved! Great shots. Really enjoy seeing the shots of the unique apparatus that I never knew the FDNY used, like the Sutphen towers and the rear mount ALF/LTI towers.

Thanks to all involved! Great shots. Really enjoy seeing the shots of the unique apparatus that I never knew the FDNY used, like the Sutphen towers and the rear mount ALF/LTI towers.

Same here, I never knew FDNY had American LaFrances either and nice shots again.