Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
64FFMJK

Need help programing new Radio

6 posts in this topic

I just got a Vertex VX-3200U radio and it came with software and cables but since I have never tried to program a radio I would like some help if any one knows how to program it.

First, before you connect make sure you begin the software installation. After that is done, it probably will prompt you to connect the radio to the computer (assuming it's a USB interface). After that the software *should* be self-explanatory. Radio Reference.com has a list of all the Dutchess County frequencies.

unfortunately its a serial connector for the cable and it looks like a DOS program. My computer is running vista and did not want to let me run the program.

The original version of the Vertex programming we got was also DOS, and we had to buy the newer XP or Vista version. My Lt. (sorry he's on vacation) handles all our programming. If you have specific question I'm sure I can get the answers. As I recall once it's open the program is fairly simple. So easy even a Chief officer can do it! :P

Try www.scannermaster.com for the program that you need. They also sell USB cables too.

Try www.scannermaster.com for the program that you need. They also sell USB cables too.

Scannermaster is gonna be pretty much useless for what he needs. Scannermaster basically handles scanners. This is a commercial two-way radio.

64MFJKK drop me a PM and I'll tell ya what you need to do to program a Vertex radio. I have a couple of VX800s and have experience programming Vertex radios.