Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Reminising old Mack firetrucks

20 posts in this topic

I remember the first firetruck i drove was a 1970 mack cf engine 103, 5 speed manual double clutch transmission that took some talent to drive but it was music to my ears to get that truck rolling out the door to a car fire or something back when we had fires in mt. kisco. speaking of witch i drove it to the mt. kisco furniture store fire way back when. it was cool to walk in a firehouse that had two cf pumpers. engine 104 is a nice truck too but doesn't have the bark of the old dog. we will be replacing 104 soon but we may keep it. The mack that also sticks out in my mind is pleasantville's last ladder truck. that was also at the furniture store fire. i remember seeing that truck set down, boom off to the side with two deluge guns shooting into the first floor of the fire, But what i really miss is fire! i was there for the furniture store,the book store and Maria Careys old house back when we had fire's that the hole county could see! but we're talking about mack's that had steel wheels that were painted. they don't make em like that anymore!

Well said, they certainly don't build them like that any more.

I was away in college for that fire in Mt Kisco furniture. The Mack only had one deluge gun. The engine was tempermental at times(it was a Mack engine, hence the gold bulldogs on the cab). The only problems were the brakes ( they were too small), and finding parts for the boom as it got older.It was a fun truck to operate off of, it was very stable. I remember working at one fire shortly before it was sold, and the boom was just short of the ridge of the house, so we put a 16 foot roof ladder from the lip on the bucket to the ridge of the roof. (We were only a few inches from the roof to the bucket)

I believe that EFD has a mack CF still in service. 1969 I think 8) 8) 8) 8) :-P

up here in delhi, ny we have a mack cf that is still in service i am unsure of the year of it and it is a front line fire engine still up here. it pumps great and it looks great

As I'm sure many of you know from previous posts, Croton's E119 is a 1984 Mack CF, in nothing less than "mint" condition. Unfortunatley, we will be giving it up late 2005/early2006 for a new Seagrave. In my limited experience of driving fire apparatus - Macks are the $&*(. They ride great, turn on a dime, and just look damn sexy. Needless to say, we are gonna miss ours. :cry2:

man 648 gettin a lil personal with your fire truck

man 648  gettin a  lil personal with your fire truck

Dude, you have no idea. He recently proposed to the rig!

Hey Art,

How bout a fundraiser for yourself so that you can buy the truck and drive it to work everyday? I toss in some $, but i want to drive it once in awhile.

DEAL! - That goes for anyone else who wants to chip in. I need appx 50-60 Gs

How do you 2 clowns think you know the price.

How do you 2 clowns think you  know the price.

Speculation - Plus, I'd rather get a little more than I need to buy it so I can put some money into it to repair a few minor things.

I wish I remember the specs for it, but LCFD had a 1970 Mack CF with a 55 foot? Telesqurt, refurbed(sort of) bought from FDNY. Served as Engine 70 at one time. Caught fire on us twice, couldn't get out of its own way, and there is a picture laying around the archives of its former Lieutenant sitting off the boom of the Telesqurt with a rope and a large hook tied off to a 6 foot pike pole making it look like he was going for the big one in the lake. Ahhhh good times.

Those things are great. When I'm rich and famous, I plan to have my own brigade, outfitted with the current E119, a Mack CF telesquirt, quint, aerialscope, tanker, rescue, and a Mack C pumper.

Anybody got ideas of numbers to play on lotto tickets?

Those things are great. When I'm rich and famous, I plan to have my own brigade, outfitted with the current E119, a Mack CF telesquirt, quint, aerialscope, tanker, rescue, and a Mack C pumper.

Anybody got ideas of numbers to play on lotto tickets?

You can park them at my house in Beverly Hills.