Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageVigiles

2009 National Law Enforcement Explorer Academy - US Marshals

2 posts in this topic

I'm posting this from DC, where I've had the honor to attend the 2009 US Marshals National Law Enforcement Explorer Leadership Academy. This is a national program with a competitive acceptance system, only 30 explorers get into each of the 5 academies (US Marshals, FBI, DEA, Secret Service, Military Police) This week is full of seminars and demonstrations by various agencies and units.

We've been exposed to a bunch of the units within the USMS already including JPATS (aka ConAir), Special Operations Group, the Capitol Region Fugitive Task Force, Deputy Attorney General Protection Detail, etc. Today we're going to see the US Secret Service Training Facility, the US Park Police, and the National Law Enforcement Officers' Memorial.

When I get back to CT and my laptop, I'll have plenty of pictures of from the Capitol Area of various vehicles, buildings and equipment. Here's a short list of some of the stuff I've shot so far that you can look forward to:

-FBI Police Tahoe

-FBI Police Crown Vic

-FBI Police Dodge Charger

-Tomb of the Unknowns wreath laying by the US Marshals Explorer Academy

-US Marshals Service Special Operations Group Equipment

-US Marshals Service Explosives Detection K9s

-Me getting tasered by the USMS SOG

-A ton more I don't have time to list

Today when I go to Secret Service, I'll be able to get some shots of retired Presidential limos as well as some armored Suburbans. Supposedly we are not allowed to photograph the inside for security reasons. I also plan on getting some shots of the Park Police's equipment, I'm not yet sure whats going to be there, but I believe an Aviation unit and a Mounted unit at the very least.

I'll post again if I get time.

Edited by SageVigiles

I have a buddy that works in the Superior Court section of the USMS in D.C. and my father is a retired Marshal under George HW Bush. I've seen a lot of the "toys"! Sounds like you guys had a good time. Can't wait for the pictures!