Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bil14ga

Help Finding Some Equipment

11 posts in this topic

We are looking for some assistance in finding some district owned equipment. Currently the Fairview Fire District is missing 2 yellow backboards. They have been missing some time now. They are well marked. Could the members of this board keep their eyes out at all hospitals for these items? If they are located, please feel free to PM me or e-mail me at cmaeder@fairviewfd.net. We will find a way to pick them up. Thank you in advance for the help!!!

Check at WMC. They have a storage room downstairs that, the last time I was in it, must have 150 -200 backboards.

Before the new ED was built you needed to go downstairs to get your boards if they were left more that a few days.

I'll assume your boards aren't missing that long.

WMC used to UPS your backboard back to you if it was left for awhile there, not sure if they still do that.

Not pointing fingers but a paid ems agency in western dutchess has employees that don't understand who owns the boards and just grab what they want anytime they want.

My feelings are the only time you take another departments BB (except retuninging it to them) is during a MCI and several backboards are needed.

I wonder if another fairview FD picked them up by mistake?

Could be Lost?

Could have Walked Away?

That is a possible thought about another FD taking them

by mistake.

Fairview FD (Dutchess)

Fairview FD (Westchester)

The best I saw so far was an Ambulance in Greene County, NY that had

one marked "NYC EMS"

Not pointing fingers but a paid ems agency in western dutchess has employees that don't understand who owns the boards and just grab what they want anytime they want.

My feelings are the only time you take another departments BB (except retuninging it to them) is during a MCI and several backboards are needed.

I am well aware of this practice and believe that this is what has happened to it. In the past our boards have been found in St. Lukes. Since we as a rule do not transport there we believe that this is what happened.

Not for nothing, I've worked MANY EMS agencies and seen MANY agencies operating with boards from elsewhere. I'm sure NDP, MLSS, TCHV, Alamo are ALL guilty at one point in time of possessing other agencies boards.

I think there was a backboard a while back that making the rounds that people had signed before passing it on. It was kind of like the roving gnome of EMS. The places it had been are mind boggling.

Boards sure do get around. Especially at a commercial service that runs EMS when you know you'll be using them, and you know you can't get any from your own supply,sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I always thought there should be some sort of backboard purchasing/sharing cooperative to solve this issue.

When it comes too the topic of sharing a back board to get back in service i dont think it makes a difference whos name is on the board is it special because your name is on it ? Still does the same job right ? it will eventually make its way back to the hospital you transport people to. If people are just taking backboards to bring them back to their station that is not cool but taking one to get back in service i have done it for years and i will still continue to do it ! sorry maam cant take care of you at a mva didnt have the backboard with my name on it !!

Boards sure do get around....

Backboards are whores... I know EF has had them and a reeves at Horton in Middletown... they eventually find there way back... but with thay being said I know I have taken an EF board on an MLSS truck... the best though are the ones that still say Sloper Willen EMS... have taken those too....lol