Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pound Ridge VAC getting new ambulance, and it's a Lifeline!!

7 posts in this topic

I was informed today that Pound Ridge VAC will be taking delivery this week of a 2005 Ford E-450/Lifeline Superliner.

http://www.lifelineambulance.com/

Another Lifeline for the WC, it's great to see a VAC that didn't drink the PL Custom Kool Aid. Lifeline is an awesome manufacturer, and far superior to PL IMO. Their buses are built like tanks, and ride like Cadillacs. Also the interior is layed out very nicely. Excellent ambulance brand, and glad to see another one in the WC!

(To my knowledge, Ardsley Dobbs Ferry and Hastings are the only other EMS agencies in the WC to operate Lifelines) Norwalk and Greenwich EMS are two other agencies in the area to operate this awesome brand.

Lifeline and Excellance are the two best brands in the industry!! PL's are OK, but I prefer the two afformentioned.

BTW, PRVAC will be keeping the current 78-B-1, a 1998 Ford E-350(Gas)/Braun. Word is they want to expand their building to house both.

In Hastings, we went over the final specs for a new Lifeline a few weeks ago. The bidding should be in the paper in the next couple of weeks.

I also heard that Yorktown VAC's new rig should be a LIfeline....

BTW, PRVAC will be keeping the current 78-B-1, a 1998 Ford E-350(Gas)/Braun. Word is they want to expand their building to house both.

It will be interesting to see HOW they expand that building. I guess if they widen the building out the back, they could pull it off, otherwise if they make a new bay facing the street, they will have a heck of a time backing into there.

PRVAC's new ambulance is already at thier quarters. I drove by on the way back from a call Thursday and it was sitting in the driveway. It has the yellow stripe but no lettering yet. The other ambulance was OOS at the mechanics shop on 172. It will be good for them to finally have a second rig. Nowadays it makes no sense to have no ambulance in town because the other one is down for mechanical reasons.

Here in Englewood Cliffs NJ they run 2 Wheeled Coach's (EC A-1 & EC A-2) white with orange striping dark blue lettering EC A2 just had some blue lens added (new look for corps) Our neighbor to south Fort Lee run's 3 Freightliner /Medic/Masters & Englewood runs 2 PL custom and a Horton on E 350

Well, took the new 78B1 out on it's maiden run today. I like. Nice ride. The back is well thought out. They have control panels on both sides of the rig so no need to reach over to the other side from the bench to activate lights/oxygen/etc. They also put a Kenwood radio head on the bench side so you can call the ER from the bench. Another nice plus. Only one call so far but I haven't seen any glaring negatives. Oh yeah....and it's got a dual/hyper siren. 8)