Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeinet

New Years / Precautions?

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Curious about what everyone's doing for new year precautions?

Also - curious if anyone else heard about this. I just got an email from one of my buddies in NJ, according to him "As of 4pm yesterday afternoon, the Governor of NJ issued a mandate for all

ambulance corps, police departments, and fire depts in NJ to notify the office of counter-terrorism over the next 12 hours of available manpower, aparatus and aparatus location, and all supplies and to have all members on call due to an "imminent terrorist threat" to the NYC metropolitan area. "

Any idea how valid this threat is and if there's anything like this going on in NYS?

Happy Holidays

I am working from 7 am new year's eve til 8 am new year's, the only precaution I am taking is a warm hat and gloves...Whatever happens, happens, and when it does we will handle it...all the preparation in the world does not override fright, confusion, and least of all awe.

I like Oswego's point.

As the media says " If you let the terrorists control your life, then they win"

However, they (the media) are often the ones who hype up and create fear in the public, sometimes excessively. Who knows, if it's not a terrorist attack, it could be an natural or other disaster, and we must be able to deal with it no matter what,no matter when. I beleive the worst incidents strike when you least expect them, and you have to roll with the punches . What's life like for the people in Isreal and other places where they deal with this on a daily basis?

With terrorists, unlike natural disasters, they are sometimes preventable. We just have to be a little more vigilant than we were before, and most important always keep in mind OUR and our crews safety as the top priority.

My precautions are as follows:

1. Avoid the Flu!

2. Don't over eat!

3. Get someone to drive me home.

4. Wake up in the next day no earlier then 1pm.

To all of you out there - Happy New Year, and F*ck the Taliban!!

To all of you out there - Happy New Year, and F*ck the Taliban!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! =D> :D

I think he ment f*** the Al Qaeda...the Taliban is a political party in Afganistan, not a terrorist organization...shows you what preparation does...