Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Congrats WCDPS K9 Gracie and PO Serlin

6 posts in this topic

Look for the article in the Journal News and congratulations to PO Serlin and "Gracie":

Bottom line, PO Mitch Serlin and his K9 partner "Gracie" (bloodhound) of the WCPD conducted a 1/4 mile track after the early morning burglary of an occupied dwelling in Peekskill on 8/21. At the conclusion of the track, the suspect was arrested after being located in another apartment several blocks away by PO Serlin and "Gracie".

For those who don't know, PO Serlin and Gracie have been serving Westchester County for more than five years ( PO Serlin has 15+ years on the job) and have been successful numerous times assisting local police in locating suspects, missing persons, and others.

The Westchester County DPS K9 program is top notch and one that must NEVER be subjected to any cutback or other cost saving measure. The WCDPS K9 unit, which provides bloodhounds, patrol dogs, bomb dogs, and drug dogs, to local PD's as requested, are a tremendous resource here in WC.

As a police supervisor, it is comforting to know the tremendous resource that is available when the preverbial stuff ends up in the fan. I've called on Serlin, Notaro, Langford, "gracie", "winnie", "pretzel", and many other two and four legged cops from WCDPS (sorry if I forgot you) on many occassions over my career with great success. Keep up the good work!!!!

Excellent job, Officer M. and Gracie! As she would "say" when she's happy and proud of herself (as you BOTH should be), AH-WOOOF! :P

Beautiful job by Police Officer Serlin and "Gracie". They are one great team!! Stay Safe!

JK

Nice work PO Serlin & of course Gracie!

I dispatched for the WCDPS for a short time and had the honor of dealing with PO Serlin (who is an excellent officer and asset to the WCDPS). I loved hearing Mitch try and transmit something over the radio and Gracie having to "chime" in lol. They're a great team and as i said, an absolute asset to Westchester County!

Way to go!

Great work by PO Serlin and Gracie!

I've worked with a few WCPD K-9 Officers and their partners and they are extremely talented and amazing at what they do.