CTFF

Oscar's Smokehouse Warrensburg, NY destroyed by Fire

8 posts in this topic

http://poststar.com/articles/2009/09/05/ne...b5051293355.txt

Fire ravages Oscar's Smokehouse store in Warrensburg

By LYDIA WHEELER

lwheeler@poststar.com

Updated: Friday, September 4, 2009 10:24 PM EDT

WARRENSBURG -- Flames tore through Oscar’s Smokehouse in Warrensburg on Friday night, causing devastating damage to the nationally known business.

Though everyone made it out of the store and surrounding smokehouse buildings safely, the site was a "total loss," according to first assistant Warrensburg Fire Chief Robert Cleveland.

This is very well known Business in the area and nation.

Edited by jack10562
Add Quote tag

Very sad to hear. We were just there over the summer and bought a bunch of stuff for my parents. Oscars was a staple in my family during the holidays for years. I hope he rebuilds and makes it netter than ever.

This is truly a tragedy. Oscars was an amazing place. They had the best Beef Jerky in the world. Best of luck.

It was something to see this on the news this morning. They said on CBS 6 from Albany that he is planning on rebuilding as soon as possible.

I LOVED Oscar's! Every summer me and friends would go up there and grab some of the best steaks ever! RIP Oscar's

I LOVED Oscar's! Every summer me and friends would go up there and grab some of the best steaks ever! RIP Oscar's

It is beyond a tragedy. For those of us who frequent the northern Adirondacks, Oscar's was where you went for smoked pork chops and a smoked pepperjack that would bring tears to your eyes. It's worse than losing family..... you can't eat them.

This is truly a tragedy. Oscars was an amazing place. They had the best Beef Jerky in the world. Best of luck.
I second the best beef jerky anywhere! Growing up of divorced parents my father lived in Bolton Landing, so Oscars' was a regular weekly shopping trip. I was hooked on their jerky for good. The internet made it possible to find and stock up the past few years long after Dad moved to Florida for warmer weather.

"LL Bean of Warrensburg". I live just north a bit from LL Bean and I'd trade them for Oscar's any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Edited by antiquefirelt