Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

A behind the scenes look at Orange County Choppers....

10 posts in this topic

These are some photo's taken at Orange County Choppers this past April....... I photographed a seminar that was held there and I was able to go on a tour of the facility and we were given access to areas that are normally off limits....... None of the OCC characters were there but it was interesting anyway....... I didn't have a lot of time to take photo's of the facility and bikes due to the fact I had to shoot the seminar but I was able to get some quick shots off...... I hope you find them interesting...... Bill

566425789_WbLHt-X2.jpg

I'll cut right to the chase...... Here it is - The Fire Bike........ OCC's tribute to the 343 FDNY Firefighters who died on 9-11. The wall behind is decorated with FD patches from around the world......

566425935_BwDXE-X2.jpg

The rear fender......

566426075_kw6BD-X2.jpg

A side view.......

566425817_zTPBz-X2.jpg

The NYS Association of Police Chiefs Bike...... I don't think there's a NYS Association of Fire Chiefs Bike - Yet......

566426074_schkB-X2.jpg

On to the tour........ This guy stands guard at the receptionists desk......

566426114_c2xt5-X2.jpg

Seminar attendees look over the Board Room.

566426299_YEP8z-X2.jpg

Paul Sr. wants all his employees to be physically fit so he added this workout area in the design of their new building.....

566426280_RgPSx-X2.jpg

Our tour guide goes over the mechanics of the operation......

566426318_cXXRo-X2.jpg

The raw materials area..... Where all the bikes start out.....

566426428_vE6St-X2.jpg

This is a 5 axis CNC machine one many different machines they have....... It is used to manufacture many of the custom parts on the bikes.....

566426363_dHzSQ-X2.jpg

Here's one such part being machined for a future project.......

566426417_D5Ag9-X2.jpg

Here's a completed part.......

566426449_xyoeM-X2.jpg

Service anyone.....

566426605_VfNUx-X2.jpg

The build area where the bikes are assembled......

566426652_HB7e8-X2.jpg

Work in progress......

566426755_xcs5W-X2-1.jpg

Another bike under construction.....

566426892_MewWD-X2-1.jpg

The completed works.......

566426820_LeioV-X2-1.jpg

I thought this bike was pretty cool...... I could see Jay Leno riding this.....

566426831_BnKKd-X2-1.jpg

These bikes quite often have amazing graphics...... This is the "Wild Wild West" Bike

566426523_CD3Nx-X2.jpg

Pretty nice........

566426983_dDUyR-X2-1.jpg

The Howe Caverns Bike.......

566426953_azmBL-X2-1.jpg

The rear fender of the Howe Caverns Bike

566427092_cC6r6-X2-1.jpg

A little creepy......

566426999_iA97Z-X2-1.jpg

OCC's new Hybrid Scooter....... Made by their new subsidiary - Orange County Scooters....... Actually this scooter appeared on Jon and Kate plus Eight show just prior to the show going to Kate plus Eight........

566427262_wgKHj-X2-1.jpg

Here's a shot of Paul Sr's office..... Jason Fisch of Fisch Internet Solutions (Far right) gets a shot of the office.... He got some ideas for the office of his future world headquarters :D

566427246_rpb3c-X2-1.jpg

This odd looking contraption decorating the office is a bait launcher which I understand was given to Paul as a gift for OCC's 10th Anniversary.....

566427239_wT4fF-X2-1.jpg

Here's something more "normal" that decorated the wall of the office....... A painting of the Fire Bike......

566458158_YmQMx-X2-0.jpg

Oh yeah...... The seminar was held in the "loft" area above the OCC showroom......

566427479_FK9Q4-X2-1.jpg

The Air Force Bike which sits above the main entrance to the showroom.....

566427440_FYRDj-X2-1.jpg

One of two bikes that were in the "Loft" area......

566425779_3Uy7R-X2.jpg

Looking down into the showroom from the "Loft" area......

566427517_EYKPd-X2-1.jpg

The main entrance from the "Loft"....... You can see a woman looking up at me....... They were eager to get all of us out so they could go home.....

That's all....... Being that they are in our backyard if you're bored and looking for something to do, check them out..... They are on Rte 17K just west of the Stewart ANG enterance in Newburgh.....

Nice Pics Bill thank you for sharing

AWESOME photos, and an awesome inside look.

I liked the show when they first started out, and then it became too "dramatic", especially after moving to TLC. Making a bike for "Jon And Kate Plus 8" and Paul Jr. opening a fashion botique shows that they are trying to market the show to the TLC audience, not the faithful audience when they were on the Discovery channel. They're also becoming way too commmercial, and I miss Vinny being on the show.

When they first announced construction on this facility, it was said that the Discovery Channel helped with funding, and there would be viewing areas to watch the bikes being built. Don't know if that still holds true.

I'm curious about the future of the show.

Rumor has it, the OCC show is going to end with in the next season or two.

Rumor has it, the OCC show is going to end with in the next season or two.

Thanks Bill,

Yes American Chopper the name of the show will most likely end soon beacuase the reason that so many people liked this show including me was because paul jr and vinny were on it and also Mikey left the show too and he also made the show interesting

... and there would be viewing areas to watch the bikes being built. Don't know if that still holds true.

There is a hallway just off from the showroom with windows to view the production area.