Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Boston EMT Shoots, Then Treats

8 posts in this topic

I hope he gets off. This guy shoots better under the influence then most guys I know sober!

I hope he gets off. This guy shoots better under the influence then most guys I know sober!

Let me get this right. You hope that some one that carries a deadly weapon under the influance of alcahol gets off??????

So if he had been drunk and behind the wheel of a car had hit and almost killed your wife or child would you still state that you hope he gets off.

Sorry but I hope they throw the book at him. Carrying a firearm and drinking do not mix at all if you are going to go drinking leave the weapon at home.

no one under the influence should be carrying a firearm. He stated he kept it locked in his car, ok, but he should have never thought about it. UNLESS, he was truthfully in grave danger. I know in CT though if I was in my car, I would have to drive off rather than shoot. but then again he'd be driving drunk so its kind of a vicious circle. too bad it happened though. I hope the two men survive.

He stated he kept it locked in his car

Locking a handgun in the glove box of a vehicle does not meet legal requirements for properly securing a handgun. A co-worker of mine had his car stolen with a loaded handgun in the glove box and he lost his permit and was charged with a misdemeanor charge however I can't remember the exact charge.

Locking a handgun in the glove box of a vehicle does not meet legal requirements for properly securing a handgun. A co-worker of mine had his car stolen with a loaded handgun in the glove box and he lost his permit and was charged with a misdemeanor charge however I can't remember the exact charge.

true I agree. I should have been a little more thorough in my post. My apologies.

First and foremost not everything fits so nicely into black and white. FF Ford..I understand your point totally. While not being "properly secured" I would have to say outside of the additional events of this story...a firearm locked in a vehicle is still a lot more secure then having it on a person who is intoxicated. I'm simple..if I know I'm going to drink I don't carry...if I think I'm going to drink...I don't carry...I have even not gone out after hours because I was carrying..however if I did, chances are I would unload the weapon and take my chances with it in my vehicle as best as possible.

Also in regard to roof's comment...I think your taking it a little to literally 64FF...I even had to take a little inner occupational humor giggle...if half of the church goers shot and hit people like this guy did...that would be some friggin body count. So I get the humor.

So does this mean when he gets out of jail he will have a fundraiser for the two he shot?

This topic is being closed since this story is about a guy who got into a situation off duty, and not as a result of his employment as an EMT.