Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eng1ine

Helicopter calls in Dutchess County

7 posts in this topic

It seems a helicopter is called somewhere in the county a couple times a week. Are these patients being brought to Saints/Vasser or taken to facilities outside the county?

It seems a helicopter is called somewhere in the county a couple times a week. Are these patients being brought to Saints/Vasser or taken to facilities outside the county?

Since St. Francis and Vassar are both located in PK, I would assume they are being flown there; unless Westchester Medical Center is a more viable option. I know in East Fishkill it takes the bus a good 20 minutes to get to PK on a good day.

Parts of Dutchess have a funny philosophy..."when in doubt, fly em out."

Depending upon the severity of illness or injury or weather conditions patients may be flown to either Vassar or Saints, however both facilities will also request air transport for patients that require a higher level of care to either WCMC or Albany Med......My partner and I picked up a flight crew that landed at VBH for a patient that was being transferred to WCMC last weekend for specialized services.......

Sharon is 5 minutes away for us, if we fly it is either at sharon to wmc or a-med.

I NEVER understood transporting to Sharon from the scene to meet a medevac...

I know in my dept if we call in a helicopter 99% of the time they are being flown to westchester. it's faster to go to saints by ground then to call for a bird but if its serious injuries then the patient is flown to westchester or albany but we dont fly them to an in county hospital