Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notch138

Firefigher Ed gets the Ball

12 posts in this topic

Isn't Fireman Ed a real FDNY firefighter? So what if he is a loyal NY Jet Fan and has had season tickets to the Jets games for years? He is still a firefighter, isn't he? So why the jerk comments. I remember when I used to have NY Ranger Season Tickets when I lived in New York, up in the Old Blue Section, we had a few members of FDNY among us "Bluest" and we were all loud and sometimes rude towards the oppossing players (and fans) at MSG. Its wasn't anything different than what Fireman Ed is doing, other that he is now getting some "National Exposure" on TV and on the Internet. Jealosy maybe ???

Isn't Fireman Ed a real FDNY firefighter? So what if he is a loyal NY Jet Fan and has had season tickets to the Jets games for years? He is still a firefighter, isn't he? So why the jerk comments. I remember when I used to have NY Ranger Season Tickets when I lived in New York, up in the Old Blue Section, we had a few members of FDNY among us "Bluest" and we were all loud and sometimes rude towards the oppossing players (and fans) at MSG. Its wasn't anything different than what Fireman Ed is doing, other that he is now getting some "National Exposure" on TV and on the Internet. Jealosy maybe ???

Uh.... Many of us here are real live FDNY FFs. The fact that he is one doesn't exclude him from being a tool. Ask around and see for yourself. Jealousy? Not quite, I tend to shy away from the cameras.

Furthermore, him being a tool has NOTHING to do with what he does for a living. It's about how obnoxious he acts at the games and how hard he makes it for anyone behind him to enjoy themselves.

Edited by Bull McCaffrey

I'm still trying to figure out why you all route for the "New York" Jets and the "New York" Giants when they play in New Jersey.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

B)

I'm still trying to figure out why you all route for the "New York" Jets and the "New York" Giants when they play in New Jersey.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

B)

You are absolutely Correct, IZZY!!!! I've been sauing that for years!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!

B)

That argument is so old... And where are the Chiefs going anyway... Don't look like anywhere fast.

I've met Ed. Had to be about 10 years ago. He seemed like an OK guy until someone in the firehouse brought up that I was a Giants fan. If I remember right, Modells put out a shirt with him and his brother on it and sold it for charity. PS, he's a former FF, retired either last year or the year before. Worked out of 28 Truck in Harlem, with a pitstop on City Island after the West Side Stadium commercial.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

B)

I can see New Yorkers rooting for a team right across the river, I am a diehard Giant fan. But your from CT. and you root for the Chiefs, how does that happen. Not knocking you, but just curious?

Edited by calhobs

This guy is a tool. How "cool" would it be to be at a game with your kid and have to sit behind this jerk?

One can't tell if your comment is the result of personal knowledge of the guy, or just mouthing off. Either way, an inappropriate comment. Whether you know him or not, if you don't like him for whatever reason, keep your negative comments to yourself.

Uh.... Many of us here are real live FDNY FFs. The fact that he is one doesn't exclude him from being a tool. Ask around and see for yourself. Jealousy? Not quite, I tend to shy away from the cameras.

Furthermore, him being a tool has NOTHING to do with what he does for a living. It's about how obnoxious he acts at the games and how hard he makes it for anyone behind him to enjoy themselves.

How many empty seats were there the last two weeks behind him?

I wouldn't go so far as to call him an icon, but other than leading the fans in a chant, how is he obnoxious?

Sorry, but you sound like a bitter fan of another team.

That argument is so old... And where are the Chiefs going anyway... Don't look like anywhere fast.

I know where they are staying.....in KC!!!!! LOL Just ribbing you all!

I can see New Yorkers rooting for a team right across the river, I am a diehard Giant fan. But your from CT. and you root for the Chiefs, how does that happen. Not knocking you, but just curious?

It's not that hard, I know a former player from KC who is now a lawyer for the player's union and is an agent. He grew up where I live, I went to the same high school as he and our families are close. I see his brother all the time around town too. He played 13 years with KC and 1 in New England before he retired.