Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

YFD Restored Truck 5

6 posts in this topic

I wonder if the people over at Code 3 Collectibles would ever consider making a Die Cast replication of the restored Yonkers Fire Department "Truck 5" (Since Code 3 has done some Yonkers FD Die Cast Models of some of their more recent/modern rigs)?? (Would be a One of a Kind collectible). Does anyone have any thoughts?

post-80-1253999423.jpg

I don't think so. Code 3 is currently working on the 1968/69 Closed Cab version of the ALF 900 Series TDA for FDNY.

This has been in the works for the past year and hopefully this will be out by year end or first quarter next year.

I dont think the bunker pants belong next to this truck.............

Nice restoration job, well done.. Looks good and will enjoy seeing it in some future pictures I hope.

TREMENDOUS JOB!!! Anyone know where the refurb took place , and where it's currently being stored ( if not the same )?? Thanks

From what I have been told from Chief Fitzpatrick, Bat Chief Dunn, RedTruck75 and the staff over at YFD Station 12, the main restoration was done at Textron in the Bronx, with the additional lettering and labeling (Circle 5 to match that which was used back in the 1950's and 1960's on YFD Rigs). I have been told that this rig (which will be at the Yonkers Columbus Day Parade, for those who want to see it up close and personal) will be stored in the Basement Bay at Station # 8 (underneath the 2 upstairs bays at Station # 8).

I am hoping that once the latest YFD Probie Class is over, that YFD takes the Old 1990 Mack CF Engine 306 (currently 298) and refurbs it back to its original condition, since it was the LAST MACK CF coming off the Mack Production Line, before Mack stopped making Fire Apparatus.