Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Terrorist Triggers Bomb Hidden Inside His Body

9 posts in this topic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8276016.stm

"It has emerged that an al-Qaeda bomber who died last month while trying to blow up a Saudi prince in Jeddah had hidden the explosives inside his body. Only the attacker died, but it is feared that the new development could be copied by others. Experts say it could have implications for airport security, rendering traditional metal detectors "useless".'

Remember that scene in the Dark Knight?

Remember that scene in the Dark Knight?

That was the first thing that popped into my mind, and I am QUITE sure that some twisted person out there decided it was worth a try...

"Best" quote from that scene in The Dark Knight; EMT: "It looks like some sort of..... contusion....."

If metal detectors don't detect things inside the body why did I see a guy have to explain the rod in his leg supporting his femur fracture.

If metal detectors don't detect things inside the body why did I see a guy have to explain the rod in his leg supporting his femur fracture.

Metal detectors are sensitive enough to detect metal surgical "equipment" in a body, most people who have metal have written signed letters from their doctors explaining what they have and where it is. But not every metal detector is set off by it, I recall my brother who has a plate in his shoulder saying the detectors didn't go off when he was going to Florida. But if the bomb makers aren't using any metal in the bomb, it won't set off a detector. They could be using all plastics to make it...making it virtually undetectable unfortunately.

Which would make it virtually undetectable inside or outside the body. The statement implies that purely by placing the bomb within the body it is now undetectable.

Experts say hmmmm. Would that be the same experts that allowed this person to turn himself in to the Prince. Excuss me Mr. Obama, Bin laden called.... He wants to turn himself in, TO YOU!!!. This is a joke, was a joke when we had it in our briefing three weeks ago and still is a joke now. We are no more concerned about this then any other security issue. There is alot more to this story then is being said. When you hear full story you wonder how this guy was not caught.

Edited by calhobs

That's OK... the dogs will smell the C4 on his breath or when he farts. :P

I would love to see the "rest of the story" on this one...