Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mlcougar2001

NYPD Press Release Regarding Approved Contract

9 posts in this topic

PRESS RELEASE SEPTEMBER 26, 2008

Police Officers overwhelmingly approved a contract that gives them a 17% raise over four years. Members of the PBA approved the contract by 99.4%.

Under the agreement, the January 2009 Police Academy class will have a starting base salary of $40,361 and goes to $41,975 on August 1, 2009. When adding holiday pay, uniform allowance, and average night differential; a first-year Police Officer will have a total salary of $46,228 before overtime.

The base pay will increase every year to $76,488 after 5.5 years. When adding holiday pay, uniform allowance, average night differential, and longevity pay; a Police Officer with 5.5 years will earn $90,829 before overtime.

NYPD Recruitment Site

I was looking around today figured I share this

Sounds great, now how about a press release about starting up the hiring process again?

Seriously, I missed the last test, I thought they were still doing free, walk-in exams but they changed it and I didn't know until the day after the filing period ended.

Wow.....17% over 4 years? Is that 3 - 4's and a 5 % or is 17% the total compounded raise? It would be nice to see it broken down.

Wow.....17% over 4 years? Is that 3 - 4's and a 5 % or is 17% the total compounded raise? It would be nice to see it broken down.

From the NYPD Recruit website. Also note, the press release in the first post of this thread is from September 2008, this pay scale has been out there for a year now.

post-4772-1254148778.jpg

I should have looked closely....didn't realize that this was from 2008....

Anyone else hear about a potential class of about 100 being put through soon?

About 200 in December, mostly cadets. Then approx 1000 next summer, maybe...