Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Westchester County bomb squad gets state grant

5 posts in this topic

County PD's bomb squad deserves EVERY dammmm dime they get, times 10. They work like dogs, don't get attaboys 99% of the time, and yet keep us all safe 24/7/365.

Keep up the great work, gentlemen. You're totally appreciated by those who know what you do. Despite the lack of gratitiude through the dept. and from the public in general, you are all appreciated beyond words.

Seriously. ;)

Tapout

I saw the bomb squad today at rose hill shopping center in valhalla today place was blocked off

As fast as techology evolves, specialized teams like HazMat, Bomb Squad/EOD and others cannot keep up. Grants like this make it possible.

And for those naysayers as I saw in the comments section of the news article, remember your local units are the first line of defense. Not the FBI or ATF (IF they can resolve their jurisdictional differences in time), military units or others. If an incident happens, these will be the first responders.

I saw the bomb squad today at rose hill shopping center in valhalla today place was blocked off

That was just to pick up the lunch at the A S Deli!

As fast as techology evolves, specialized teams like HazMat, Bomb Squad/EOD and others cannot keep up. Grants like this make it possible.

And for those naysayers as I saw in the comments section of the news article, remember your local units are the first line of defense. Not the FBI or ATF (IF they can resolve their jurisdictional differences in time), military units or others. If an incident happens, these will be the first responders.

We have a disproportionate number of naysayers around here so that's not surprising. You're absolutely right - to keep up with all the changes in the field, they need every nickel they can get and local budgets can't support these kinds of acquisitions all that often, especially in this economy.